Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

LinkedIn: Useful tool, internet fad, or

LinkedIn: Useful tool, internet fad, or

Old Sep 1st 2010, 5:37 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LinkedIn: Useful tool, internet fad, or

Originally Posted by ireland2canada
Oh I think it's fair to say that no one really gives a damn about Linkedin, apart from that one guy (who I reckon works for them, or invented it, or something).

Basically, if someone posts an opinion on a public forum, they have to expect it to be challenged or disagreed with at some point. And a fair amount of piss taking as well. Just like in 'real life'. It's up to each person how they deal with that, get all upset or just let it go and accept that everyone is different. If everyone is entitled to an opinion, then that should be applied universally.

Recently, I've seen a lot of trigger happy comments "bullying", "berating", "I only PM now as I'm too intimidated". I think you hit the nail on the head with this "at the end of the day you see what you want to see in a post". I agree, but probably from a different perspective.

I lurked on this forum for a couple of years before joining, I disagree with people on here occasionally and have sometimes really disagreed with people. It's no big deal, it's only an opinion, it's really not something to take so very seriously! This forum has many merits, lots of info and help to gathered from here and friends too.
Obviously. You are a girl.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 5:39 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Souvy
Obviously. You are a girl.
Shut it.

My finger hovers over the ignore button.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 5:44 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Shut it.

My finger hovers over the ignore button.
Noooooooo!!!!!!!

Don't finger me!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 1st 2010, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by Souvy
Noooooooo!!!!!!!

Don't finger me!!!!!!!!
*snaps on latex glove*

Consider yourself warned.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 6:05 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

*snaps on latex glove*

Consider yourself warned.
Ah, back on topic, I see, with posts about digital connectivity...
Old Sep 1st 2010, 6:09 pm

Ok. I should have said that I would "leverage" my finger towards the ignore button.