Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Life In New Brunswick

Wikiposts

Life In New Brunswick

Old May 8th 2010, 11:35 am
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life In New Brunswick

Originally Posted by Alex2201
Hi, I have only been here in Moncton for two weeks so cant give you anything in depth but my first impressions are good.

Moncton is a sprawl with not very big population - I was living in Southampton, Moncton/Riverveiw/Dieppe is about half the population but covers twice the area!! It does not seem to have any slums here - Saint John is a dump though!! - reminds me of Portsmouth!! (Im from Stoke originally so I feel qualified to comment)

There seems to be most things that you could want here in the way of shops, restaurants and general entertainment. Not had chance to sample the local Indians yet but there seems to be plenty of chinese to choose from.

The people seem easy to get on with and have been helpfull so far, made a couple of mates in the pub, got invited to to the hockey last night.

The only real negetive so far is the beer is really expensive!!! 7 bucks a pint? ouch
7 bucks a pint.... you need to find another pub or move to Fredericton.
Old May 9th 2010, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

cargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dave+Jules
Oooh I would kill for crispy aromatic duck with rice pancakes
I had some of that the other day. but i was delivering down in Tampa Florida at the time

I do love living in Woodstock NB, but None of the Chinese takeaways and restaurants here know what prawn crackers are though
Old May 9th 2010, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

chazcanning has a spectacular aura aboutchazcanning has a spectacular aura aboutchazcanning has a spectacular aura about

shrimp chips there called here in BC The first time we went for a takeway they don't know what prawn crackers where. we do miss our ruby's though can't find a good one here at all
Old May 9th 2010, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

cargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nice

Originally Posted by chazcanning
shrimp chips there called here in BC The first time we went for a takeway they don't know what prawn crackers where. we do miss our ruby's though can't find a good one here at all
Excellent I will ask for them next time.

Vancouver is not short or Chinese restaurants . Last time I was there I thought I was in China, spot the white man