Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Landing / Processing Times?

Landing / Processing Times?

Old May 8th 2007, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

KennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to all
Default Landing / Processing Times?

I'm trying to arrange our flights and I need to organise a connecting flight, but am unsure as to how long we will be "delayed" in immigration.
I can get the connecting flight 2 1/2 hours after we land, but is this a bit tight? The next connecting flight is @ 22:30 and that would leave us with about 5 hours of "nothing to do"-ness!:curse:
Please let us know how long it takes, so we can work out an average?
Thanks,
Kenny
Old May 8th 2007, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landing / Processing Times?

Originally Posted by KennyJosie
I'm trying to arrange our flights and I need to organise a connecting flight, but am unsure as to how long we will be "delayed" in immigration.
I can get the connecting flight 2 1/2 hours after we land, but is this a bit tight? The next connecting flight is @ 22:30 and that would leave us with about 5 hours of "nothing to do"-ness!:curse:
Thanks,
Kenny
Kenny,

Cannot help you at all with your question, but we have just booked our flights so there's no turning back now, it's full steam ahead we land for good on 7th June.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 8th 2007, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks,
Kenny

I dont like having nothing to do but would book cautiously and go for the 22.30 flight rather than have a huge queue at immigration and then panic about missing or actually missing the connecting flight.

On the other hand - do you have to "land" there or is the final destination a POE that you could do the landing procedure. Am sure that CBSA website has a list of all POE's on there and the opening times too.

Gaynor
x
Old May 8th 2007, 12:36 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
Kenny,

Cannot help you at all with your question, but we have just booked our flights so there's no turning back now, it's full steam ahead we land for good on 7th June.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What part of BC did you decide on in the end?
Old May 8th 2007, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

NovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really nice

Thanks,
Kenny

Hi Kenny

Don't know how log the "landing process" takes but am not sure if 2 1/2 hours might be cutting it a bit fine.

I agree with Gaynor, I think I would book for the later flight just to be safe but that is me being me!

Good luck with everything and hope it all goes according to plan.
Old May 8th 2007, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

NovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really nice

Kenny,

printer

Just wanted to wish you all the best for the move on the 7th.

We fly across on the 24th May! Then reality will set in.

Keep the blinkers handy and just keep looking forward!

Good luck with everything.
Old May 8th 2007, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks,
Kenny
'Landing'(PR) took us an hour at Vancouver in Sept. when our daughter came through in Dec it took roughly 20mins. When we went there was a few people in there but it took a while as there was some students in front of us with only 1 being able to speak english. Friends that came through recently im sure only took them less than an hour. BUT i think it depends on what time of the day your coming in (as afternoons i believe are quite busy) and possibly the day of the week may make a difference.
Old May 8th 2007, 2:01 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks,
Kenny
You don't say which airport it is that you'll be landing at. If its YYZ I would go for the later flight to be on the safe side. There are a whole bunch of transatlantic flights coming in to TO in the late afternoon/ early evening every day. It can easily take an hour and a half to get through the normal procedures, never mind actually landing.
Old May 8th 2007, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

KennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
You don't say which airport it is that you'll be landing at. If its YYZ I would go for the later flight to be on the safe side. There are a whole bunch of transatlantic flights coming in to TO in the late afternoon/ early evening every day. It can easily take an hour and a half to get through the normal procedures, never mind actually landing.
Sorry Novo, It is Vancouver I'm landing, and connecting onto Prince George.BC.
Old May 8th 2007, 2:16 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Novo, It is Vancouver I'm landing, and connecting onto Prince George.BC.
Ah. Dunno then. But I seem to recall several accounts of painless processing through Van. Maybe someone else can be of help, but 2.5 hours might be enough, especially since they might well hold a flight to Prince George if the incoming long haul is delayed.
Old May 8th 2007, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
What part of BC did you decide on in the end?
Hi Danny

Kelowna is still high on the list but haven't made 100% decision until we land and spend a few days looking around. In any event we won't be that far from Kelowna i'm sure. At present Kamloops isn't on the list but hey who knows, it's never over till the fat lady sings!!!
Old May 8th 2007, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute

Kenny,

Congratulations! This is finally IT! You really will be "Outa this place" for good! Best of luck

Joanne
Old May 8th 2007, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by skiboy10
Congratulations! This is finally IT! You really will be "Outa this place" for good! Best of luck

Joanne
Yep, it's getting scarier by the minute.
You may have noticed i haven't been posting as much as i've gone from having little to do, to warp factor 12 not enough hours in the day mode.

Haven't done anything about leaving do yet, my parents now tell me they are away shortly before we go, we have 2 invitations from opposite sides of family for same day and i'm beginning to think about sloping off into the sunset and sending them all a postcard.
Old May 8th 2007, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, it's getting scarier by the minute.
You may have noticed i haven't been posting as much as i've gone from having little to do, to warp factor 12 not enough hours in the day mode.

Haven't done anything about leaving do yet, my parents now tell me they are away shortly before we go, we have 2 invitations from opposite sides of family for same day and i'm beginning to think about sloping off into the sunset and sending them all a postcard.
When i landed at YYZ it took about 15 minutes and it was empty but i hear that, that is rare!
Old May 8th 2007, 6:31 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
When i landed at YYZ it took about 15 minutes and it was empty but i hear that, that is rare!
Yup - a total processing time of about 15 mins for us as we were the only immigrants at Toronto. However, others have stories of it taking much, much longer.

I'd go for the five hour departure and take some time to chill out. It will be hectic and stressful enough without worrying about tight time constraints.

Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.