Reload this Page >

Landing in Montreal

Landing in Montreal

Old May 6th 2011, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

Mel5150 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Landing in Montreal

Hi,
I am thinking to fly into Montreal from Japan in July and this ticket includes an extra internal domestic flight. I am wanting to fly to Fredericton. Am I right in thinking that I would I have to go through the new immigrant, PR etc.. stage at Montreal before getting the connecting flight ?

Anyone with experience of landing at Montreal ?

New Brunswick will be our destination does anyone recommend any other airport for landing at ?

Thanks.
Mel.
Old May 6th 2011, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Landing in Montreal

Originally Posted by Mel5150
Hi,
I am thinking to fly into Montreal from Japan in July and this ticket includes an extra internal domestic flight. I am wanting to fly to Fredericton. Am I right in thinking that I would I have to go through the new immigrant, PR etc.. stage at Montreal before getting the connecting flight ?

Anyone with experience of landing at Montreal ?

New Brunswick will be our destination does anyone recommend any other airport for landing at ?

Thanks.
Mel.
Yes you would do the processing in Montreal. Beware though, as you land in the Province of Quebec, you need additional paperwork to activate your PR (I think it's called the CSQ). Someone else will hopefully give you more info on that.
Old May 6th 2011, 5:30 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by wolstie
Yes you would do the processing in Montreal. Beware though, as you land in the Province of Quebec, you need additional paperwork to activate your PR (I think it's called the CSQ). Someone else will hopefully give you more info on that.

You don't need the CSQ to land in Montreal if you have onward transportation out of Quebec
Old May 6th 2011, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by PMM
You don't need the CSQ to land in Montreal if you have onward transportation out of Quebec
Everyday's a school day

Apologies for the misleading info. Thanks for the clarrification PMM.
Old May 6th 2011, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

the big burp is on a distinguished road

I landed in Montreal without CSQ and had no problems, they just asked where I was intending to go -I said Ontario and gave my friends address. No more questions asked (and I didnt even have proof of transport) and processed smoothly.

I even applied for my SIN card in Montreal, same question asked about if I was intending to live there and again said Ontario and again everything processed with no more questions asked.

When I arrived from Paris on AirFrance the immigration line was LONG! I was waiting over 2 hrs in line as there weren't sufficient officers to process the influx of people from all the flights that arrived.