Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Kitchener - Neighborhoods & Schools

Kitchener - Neighborhoods & Schools

Old Mar 9th 2011, 9:40 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kitchener - Neighborhoods & Schools

Originally Posted by dbd33
I can't speak for Novo, but when I initially read this:

"It is a new sub division, so the houses are in the region of brand new to about 5 to 7 years old."

Knowing that it was in Kitchener I thought, "Poor you, I hope that never happens to me."
In this instance, you can speak for me perfectly.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

Jaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really nice

Rather than take this off topic, I suppose a complaint to the moderator is order here.

I consider these type of 'posts' offensive and distasteful to say the least.

It is very easy to 'hide' behind false names and posts. All I can say is this:

If you wish to post information of this nature PLEASE DON'T!!

The idea of this forum is a friendly portal to discuss and share information with like minded individuals, and have mutual respect for each other, not take potshots at people hiding in the confines of the information superhighway.

I feel that you and Novocastrian are lacking in both those areas.

If you posted this information just to provoke a reaction and cause 'traffic', then you have both achieved this! Well done to you both!

To everyone else reading this:

I am sorry for taking this off topic, but with the individuals above posting such information, I thought I would comment.

I can't speak for Novo, but when I initially read this:

"It is a new sub division, so the houses are in the region of brand new to about 5 to 7 years old."

Knowing that it was in Kitchener I thought, "Poor you, I hope that never happens to me."
Old Mar 10th 2011, 12:00 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jaffa0007
If you posted this information just to provoke a reaction and cause 'traffic', then you have both achieved this! Well done to you both!
That's not the case. I genuinely loath the identikit poorly built subdivisions that make the small and medium towns of the US and Canada indistinguishable.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

Jaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really nice

As this is someone who has their location placed as 'Gueplh, On'?!?! Just as built up as K/W, Cambridge, etc, how can you comment?

You won the war, dbd33...good for you

I am really fed up of this, and really will not comment any more on this post.

Back to the original topic:

Howard, I am sorry you have to read this sort of thing, but if you wish to have any further discussion about this, or require any further information, please send an private email.

Jaffa

That's not the case. I genuinely loath the identikit poorly built subdivisions that make the small and medium towns of the US and Canada indistinguishable.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 12:17 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

As this is someone who has their location placed as 'Gueplh, On'?!?! Just as built up as K/W, Cambridge, etc, how can you comment?
I can comment because I've been to all these places, recently. Also to nice ones. Is it your guess that I'm sitting in a tract house miles from the pub but handy for the highway?
Old Mar 10th 2011, 1:21 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Rather than take this off topic, I suppose a complaint to the moderator is order here.

The idea of this forum is a friendly portal to discuss and share information with like minded individuals, and have mutual respect for each other, not take potshots at people hiding in the confines of the information superhighway.

I feel that you and Novocastrian are lacking in both those areas.

To everyone else reading this:

I am sorry for taking this off topic, but with the individuals above posting such information, I thought I would comment.
Oh fer chrissake. This thread was started by someone who has a job to go to in Hamilton and for strange reasons to do with total unfamiliarity with the region was focussed on living in Kitchener.

You chipped in with an irrelevant homage to the tedious bit of tract housing in which you find yourself living. Which, I repeat, sounds like hell on earth, and to occupy such an abomination cannot possibly justify a silly commute to Hamilton.

That's all.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

I was not going to comment anymore, but after the last comment I thought I would.

I have issued a report to the moderator on both Novocastrian and dbd33.

I will now remove myself from this post

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Oh fer chrissake. This thread was started by someone who has a job to go to in Hamilton and for strange reasons to do with total unfamiliarity with the region was focussed on living in Kitchener.

You chipped in with an irrelevant homage to the tedious bit of tract housing in which you find yourself living. Which, I repeat, sounds like hell on earth, and to occupy such an abomination cannot possibly justify a silly commute to Hamilton.

That's all.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 1:41 am
Born again atheist

I was not going to comment anymore, but after the last comment I thought I would.

Old Mar 10th 2011, 1:52 am

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Hear, Hear. Quite rightly so. We can't have people disagreeing now, can we?
Old Mar 10th 2011, 2:46 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Just to say I've taken a quick look through this thread and no one has broken any site rule, called anyone else names, attacked anyone, nor swore. Whilst I understand you may not like any of the responses I can't go around removing posts just because others may not agree with the content of a post.

Its the nature of the beast with discussion forums that there are going to be people one may not get on with (very much as one doesn't always like everyone we meet in real life) so the best thing to do would be to ignore them

Sorry to OP.

Let please get this back on topic.

To remind you the original post was this:
I already have a job (just doing a transfer with the Canadian division of my existing employer) set up - in Hamilton, but we're wanting to live in Kitchener.

Anybody give me any advise on a good neighborhood? Six year old kid so needing a good school too - pref Catholic school system.

Very grateful for any advice!

Howard
Thanks all
Old Mar 10th 2011, 12:39 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

I see nothing offensive or that breaks the rules. If certain posters input annoys you all I can suggest is the "ignore user" function.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

laidback4 is on a distinguished road

I work in Hamilton and travel there every day. I commute from a town called Paris, which is close to Brantford. Typically my commute is 35-40 minutes depending on the traffic conditions, and almost the whole journey is made on Highway 403.

The 400 series highways tend to be cleared first before any other roads throughout the winter and the weather has never (so far at least) prevented me from getting into work in a timely manner.

I'd recommend Paris as a possible place to live, a beautiful small town in the countryside but within easy reach of large cities if necessary. Good catholic elementary school and free bus to Brantford for the catholic schools there.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 3:19 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by laidback4
I work in Hamilton and travel there every day. I commute from a town called Paris, which is close to Brantford. Typically my commute is 35-40 minutes depending on the traffic conditions, and almost the whole journey is made on Highway 403.

The 400 series highways tend to be cleared first before any other roads throughout the winter and the weather has never (so far at least) prevented me from getting into work in a timely manner.

I'd recommend Paris as a possible place to live, a beautiful small town in the countryside but within easy reach of large cities if necessary. Good catholic elementary school and free bus to Brantford for the catholic schools there.
Now that, sir, is an excellent suggestion. I like Paris very much as a small SW Ontario town.
Old Mar 13th 2011, 1:35 am

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure that's why Waterloo has two of the best known universities in the world
I've searched the lists and am still struggling. You do know when they talk about Cambridge its not the one near you?
Old Mar 13th 2011, 1:58 am
BE Forum Addict

London Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lmartin999
I've searched the lists and am still struggling. You do know when they talk about Cambridge its not the one near you?
Waterloo and WLU are good universities, but they're not even the best universities in Ontario let alone Canada ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.