Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

It just wasn't meant to be

It just wasn't meant to be

Old Mar 28th 2009, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold
Default It just wasn't meant to be

We found out a couple of weeks ago that my husband was being made redundant (along with hundreds of others throughout the company) and is out of work as of yesterday. We had thought things were finally getting on track after accepting an offer on the house and that I would be able to join him in Canada in a couple of months. He had a feeling it was probably coming as the project he was working on had slowed to a virtual standstill but was hoping they would find somewhere else within the company for him. Unfortunately their other projects have also slowed down with people being laid off in every office so there was nowhere else for him to go. Its all very sad as some poor people had been there over 20 years. So... he is busy packing up the apartment and will be home for good shortly.

The good news is he was head-hunted and they are arranging to fly him for an interview. Talk about good timing! Once again I will ask everyone to keep their fingers crossed for us. It worked last time with our house offer so hopefully it will work again with this job and we need it!!!! It will be out of his industry so we are not sure how it will go but everyone within his industry is laying off so this job would be a life saver. They must think he is worth it to fly him half way around the world but I am terrified of getting my hopes up. Our luck hasn't been the best the past few years and even though I am usually an optimistic person, it is getting to be a bit difficult to keep it up. We thought Canada was a new start but that hasn't worked out either.

We are waiting to see what happens with the interview as to what we are going to do about our house. I am inclined to sell it even if he gets the job but I know he would like to keep it in that case. Of course, if he doesn't get the job the house is history. He would be travelling quite a bit worldwide so we can live anywhere. The sale is still moving forward but the buyers haven't had the survey done yet so we could back out and they will not be out of pocket but disappointed for sure.

I am going to be a nervous wreck until this interview is over.
Wish us luck, please.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Trophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: It just wasn't meant to be

Hi
We are sorry to hear your news. Good luck with the interview.

Sending our wishes and best of luck for the future.

Mandy & Kev
Old Mar 28th 2009, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute

Sending you lots of luck. Hope all goes well for you and yours
Tina
Old Mar 28th 2009, 10:26 am
Nova Scotia

aid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really nice

Best of luck fingers crossed
Old Mar 28th 2009, 11:33 am
Asia blue girl!!

jackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to all

Its defo in the bag! fingers crossed and sending you positive vibes!!
Old Mar 28th 2009, 11:49 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck and Best Wishes sent, i hope it all works out for you

Karma sent too
Old Mar 28th 2009, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

Stressful times! Good luck!
Old Mar 28th 2009, 1:21 pm

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck
Old Mar 28th 2009, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

So is the new job interview in England? While you were trying to come to Canada, at the moment I guess any permanent job in any country would be an advantage.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 2:14 pm
In limbo!

Sleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really nice

Sorry to hear that, fingers crossed for the other job.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

blads is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Sorry to hear you news.

Hope all goes well with the interview, I certainly will keep my fingers crossed for you & your hubby. Easier said than done, stay positive, luck will surely come your way SOON.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold

Thanks a lot everyone. I know all the good wishes will help and its bucked my spirits up no end to get them. I will certainly pass them on to my husband.

Our situation was a little different to most people on this forum with regards going to Canada. After closing our business he had been trying for nearly a year to find a job in the UK with no luck at all. Then out of the blue, he had 5 job opportunities come up all at once. They were overseas (Middle East) and one in Canada so that's the one he took and we were very excited about it too. Apart from being thrilled to be employed at last we had always thought it would be a great place to go. He was there in just over a month from job offer to LMO so we were extremely lucky in that regard. Its just too bad it didn't last, 5 months to be exact and I never even got to Canada for a visit! Maybe one day.

I will let you know how it goes and again, thanks for all the good thoughts.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

squillions of positive vibes are heading your way
Old Mar 28th 2009, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

DESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really nice

Best of luck!
Old Mar 28th 2009, 8:25 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking of youxxx
where is the new job interview?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.