Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Just go laid off for no reason

Just go laid off for no reason

Old Oct 24th 2018, 2:41 am
BE Enthusiast

SambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just go laid off for no reason

Originally Posted by Instantpot
Hi All,
Just returned to work after a week off which was approved by my manager. As soon as I walked into the office I was called for a meeting and sacked on the spot. When I asked why, I was told there was a restructure which I don't believe. I asked if it was performance related and was told that it wasn't. I also asked if any other person was affected by the restructuring but didn't really get an answer. I have to say that I was shocked beyond belief. It took me 4 months to get this junior accounting job doing mostly invoices and I was determined to make the best of it. Not sure what to do now or where to look for the next role as I have been applying to various places in Calgary before this sacking.
please if you know anyone recruiting in Calgary or Edmonton or in Ontario (preferably ottawa) let me know. I also have CPA licence. For the first time am considering going back to UK as I get more calls or emails about jobs in UK than Canada.
Any thoughts are welcomed.

sorry for the long post.
https://oag-bvg.mua.hrdepartment.com...ser_language=1