job advice

Old Mar 30th 2008, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

anne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant future
Question job advice

hi just looking for some advice, me, oh and 2 kids are thinking of moving to canada. Looking particularly at AB, know that oh shouldn't have a problem with work as he is blocklayer.

I have BA (ord) in applied social studies in social care with over 10 years experience in high support therapeutic unit, was wondering if anybody had any experience of getting into this field in canada, and maybe some useful links. Really appreciate any help
Old Mar 31st 2008, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of
Default Re: job advice

www.workopolis.com
www.working.com

These two might point you in a direction that may take you to where you want to go.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by anne-ireland
hi just looking for some advice, me, oh and 2 kids are thinking of moving to canada. Looking particularly at AB, know that oh shouldn't have a problem with work as he is blocklayer.

I have BA (ord) in applied social studies in social care with over 10 years experience in high support therapeutic unit, was wondering if anybody had any experience of getting into this field in canada, and maybe some useful links. Really appreciate any help
And another one:

http://www.employmentagencies.ca/canada.htm
Old Mar 31st 2008, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond repute

Our WIKI here on BE is an excellent place to start, you will find like many others if you stick with us, that this site will help you on your journey to Canada like no others

Welcome to BE and I advise you sit down with a huge pot of tea or coffee before you commence reading the following:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Category:Job_Hunting
Old Mar 31st 2008, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

anne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: job advice

thanks all, am having countless cups of coffee trawling through all the information in wiki, am now on valium! from the stress of making the right decision, though have to say this forum is super for information, congrats to all who have put it together anyway back to the reading
Old Aug 7th 2008, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

LMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant future

Hi Anne-Ireland,

Just wondering if yee made the move yet or at what stage you are at? We are moving to Calgary from Mayo, hopefully October, with 2 kids also!
Old Aug 7th 2008, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Anne-Ireland and LM Brian

Two "welcome to BE" posts in one...how's that for efficiency.

Kind regards,

Eamonn (sometimes longing for Ireland where people are not completely stumped by my name ) & Janet

Last edited by Getting There; Aug 7th 2008 at 10:58 pm. Reason: typo
Old Aug 8th 2008, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

LMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Getting There
Hi Anne-Ireland and LM Brian

Two "welcome to BE" posts in one...how's that for efficiency.

Kind regards,

Eamonn (sometimes longing for Ireland where people are not completely stumped by my name ) & Janet
Hi Eamonn and Janet

Thanks for the welcome-we also intend living in Okotoks. May need more advice from you in the future!

Brian
Old Aug 8th 2008, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LMBrian
Hi Eamonn and Janet

Thanks for the welcome-we also intend living in Okotoks. May need more advice from you in the future!

Brian
Hi Brian (have a brother - one of many! - by that name...but he uses a Y not an I),

You are more than welcome. Feel free to have a good mooch around on our blog (link in the signature panel below). Will give you a flavour of life out this way as we experience it. Covers the period back to when we got here last October. And of course, feel free to pop around when you get yourselves over here...you can PM me for details if so inclined.

Kind regards,

Eamonn.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 9:13 pm
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all

Hi Anne

Welcome to BE.

Great place Kilkenny... I have relatives in Thomastown

Good Luck
Old Aug 12th 2008, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Hi Anne-Ireland,

Just wondering if yee made the move yet or at what stage you are at? We are moving to Calgary from Mayo, hopefully October, with 2 kids also!
no have not made move yet, still dithering, can i ask what type of jobs are you going to?
Old Aug 12th 2008, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by KJM
Hi Anne

Welcome to BE.

Great place Kilkenny... I have relatives in Thomastown

Good Luck
hi thanks for welcome, yeah Thomastown is only down road i grew up in Bennettsbridge, i have 2 brothers living in Thomastown
Old Aug 12th 2008, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

no have not made move yet, still dithering, can i ask what type of jobs are you going to?
Have a job offer as electrician and currently waiting on LMO to come through. Hoping to move over in October. Why are yee dithering?
Old Aug 15th 2008, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

Have a job offer as electrician and currently waiting on LMO to come through. Hoping to move over in October. Why are yee dithering?
oh is blocklayer with over 25 years experience, but cannot locate papers so not sure how easy it might be also i have good job with HSE so would be giving up alot, on the other hand building trade here in toilet at moment he hasnt worked properly since march.... oh oh not sure not sure!!!