Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

jetaway to canada bust?

jetaway to canada bust?

Old Feb 26th 2010, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

rockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nice
Default Re: jetaway to canada bust?

Originally Posted by rockspie
Canadian affair, One way Halifax to Gatwick, 15th July (random july date) 5 adults £2495.

www,canadianaffair.com. HTH
i meant $3000 (£1862)
Old Feb 26th 2010, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

rockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nice

Originally Posted by montpro
Thats £1,250 more than we paid last year! Just shows how much they have hiked their prices since flyzoom and globespan have gone
That was Gatwick to London, I did it the wrong way round, Halifax to Gatwick is £1862

It has gone up loads, Last year i paid £99 each way with 10% off so £90, That was in May though but even so!!
Old Feb 26th 2010, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

montpro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rockspie
That was Gatwick to London, I did it the wrong way round, Halifax to Gatwick is £1862

It has gone up loads, Last year i paid £99 each way with 10% off so £90, That was in May though but even so!!
make your mind up

I know what you mean, £99 was good then, luckily I booked some of my flights for this year last nov and got good deals - best was £232 return. Just the exchange rate problem now
Old Feb 26th 2010, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Canadian Affair quoted £1785 (a bit cheaper as there's 3 kids and 2 adults, so a small child discount). Of course we will be stuck with TWO one way supplements for all five passengers and then the difference of £610 betwen JA2 and CA) as we booked separately (if you know what I mean).

And that's for the Thursday flight, which means we need a further 5 nights hotel and I am running out of annual leave (reason why we booked to come back with Jetaway in the first place).

Right, need to find an extra grand or so.

I know what you mean about bad news at 6am. Who did you get the 10 weeks from? Guy I spoke to was thinking maybe 2 weeks (though that's a guesstimate - too early to know really).
Old Feb 26th 2010, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

ashboe is an unknown quantity at this point

10 weeks because we haven't had an email from the company - only UK2Nova Scotia. This is Capitol One - unless we get the company email they have to investigate it and see whether it is actually bankrupt. It'l all sort itself out though
Old Feb 26th 2010, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Ashboe/Spaceace - just received this email (the guy at Cappell Travel has also confirmed separately that everyone will be emailed over the next couple of days):

We are contacting you regarding the flights you booked with Jetaway2canada for Summer 2010.

The Canadian company from whom these flights were purchased has ceased trading and as a result the flights to Halifax and St Johns will no longer operate.

Unfortunately we are unable to offer alternative flights and therefore under the terms of our Booking Conditions we have to cancel the booking and refund clients accordingly. All passengers who booked with Jetaway2canada will receive a full refund of all monies paid.

For your financial protection all monies you paid were held in a Trust account with the Travel Trust Association. Refunds will therefore be made from this Trust account and this has to be by cheque in accordance with the Trust regulations. This may take some time to organise - weeks rather than days - so please bear with us. We will expedite the refunds as quickly as possible.

Refunds will be made by Sterling Cheque to the Lead Passenger on the Booking by post to the Address given on the Booking. If this is a problem please contact us by return

Please accept our apologies for the disappointment and inconvenience.

For and on behalf of
Jetaway2canada
Old Feb 26th 2010, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for posting that. I've just rung my mother and her mind is at rest now :-)

Now to find a replacement flight at a reasonable price
Old Feb 28th 2010, 4:40 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Single:

Departing Flight Information - Jul 16 2010
Thomas Cook Airlines
Flight 5063
Departs: 2010/07/16 at 10:55pm
Halifax(YHZ) Arrives: 2010/07/17 at 10:20am
Frankfurt(FRA)
Lufthansa
Flight 4732
Departs: 2010/07/17 at 3:15pm
Frankfurt(FRA) Arrives: 2010/07/17 at 3:50pm
London(LHR)
Ticket Price (CAD)

Adult Fare: 1x$354.00
Adult Tax: 1x$229.60

Cheapest I could find!

Total: $583.60 CAD

https://www.flightnetwork.com/

Last edited by Siouxie; Feb 28th 2010 at 4:42 am.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

I'm very hacked off with Air Canada at the moment. We book with them only because we want the security of knowing we are going to get there without a bankruptcy, and so far we get there when we are meant to get there and at a reasonable hour.

However this year they have hiked up their prices by £200 each to Vancouver, so for the 4 of us that's a £800 increase, taking it to £3,800. They have us over a barrel really and seem to be able to charge what they want because their attitude is.....well, do you want to go or don't you??
Old Feb 28th 2010, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

kiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant future

I am sorry for the people who were disrupted or lost money with this crook.
The Nova Scotia TV news had the guy who owns go travel south/jet away to canada and guess what he also owned Zoom I think a pattern is emerging.
It would be good if we could Check the directors of the company before booking.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 3:09 pm

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family)
I'm very hacked off with Air Canada at the moment. We book with them only because we want the security of knowing we are going to get there without a bankruptcy, and so far we get there when we are meant to get there and at a reasonable hour.

However this year they have hiked up their prices by £200 each to Vancouver, so for the 4 of us that's a £800 increase, taking it to £3,800. They have us over a barrel really and seem to be able to charge what they want because their attitude is.....well, do you want to go or don't you??
Remember that each day and even each flight will have different fares depending on how many seats have been sold. What is your departure date? I can tell you what the cheapest base fare should be.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lmartin999
Remember that each day and even each flight will have different fares depending on how many seats have been sold. What is your departure date? I can tell you what the cheapest base fare should be.
22nd July
Old Feb 28th 2010, 8:44 pm

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family)
22nd July
Cheapest base is £654. Looks like all flights on the 22nd have space at this price. Not cheap. Transat is 383. Air Berlin(!) is 384 from Stansted via Dusseldorf but only on some days. BA is 625. Unfortunately its a premium route in summer with not that many seats.

You could go to Seattle for £413 base and take the bus up to Vancouver. Not a lot of fun though...
Old Feb 28th 2010, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lmartin999
Cheapest base is £654. Looks like all flights on the 22nd have space at this price. Not cheap. Transat is 383. Air Berlin(!) is 384 from Stansted via Dusseldorf but only on some days. BA is 625. Unfortunately its a premium route in summer with not that many seats.

You could go to Seattle for £413 base and take the bus up to Vancouver. Not a lot of fun though...
......and then we have to get to Comox or Campbell River. I looked at the alternatives but the tickets to fly on to where we need to get to then bumped it up. I know it's premium flying time but with two kids in school/college......we have no choice. At least we are able to go for 6 weeks!
Just look forward to the day when we don't have to leave.

Must go......hockey is back on!
Old Feb 28th 2010, 8:54 pm

Hmmm

It prices up at about $1070 CDN from LHR-SEA.

Ferry from SEA to Victoria (if it still runs)?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.