Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

jetaway to canada bust?

jetaway to canada bust?

Old Feb 25th 2010, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute
Default jetaway to canada bust?

Just got an email through UK 2 Nova Scotia website, looks like jetaway to canada might have gone bust? I tried their website and it just says 'technical difficulties'..... hope this doesn't mess up too many plans if it's true

To all clients

I have just heard that Go Travel Direct the new Airline that has a subsidiary, Jet Away to Canada, has ceased operations.

DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS AIRLINE.

If you have booked by credit card you can claim a refund from your credit card.

This is the official statement:

Dear Customer, We are saddened to inform you that effective immediately, Go Travel South is ceasing all of its operations due to economic circumstances. Please do not show up to the airport for you flights as they will not be departing. In order to receive a full refund, you will have to contact your credit card provider. Flair Air is not responsible for this charter program termination as they are only the supplier of the air charter services to Go Travel South. Flair Air will not be able to assist with getting any refunds, you will have to contact your credit card provider directly. In order to receive your full refund, you will require your itinerary or e-ticket. If you do not have your itinerary or e-ticket, please send an email to: [email protected] Please note that we will only be sending out itinerary and e-tickets and will not be responding to any emails. We are extremely sorry that you will not be departing on your planned vacations. Sincerely, Go Travel South
Old Feb 25th 2010, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: jetaway to canada bust?

Yep, looks like they have. I'm trying to get a refund for my mother as we speak
Old Feb 25th 2010, 10:47 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Damn. Go Travel Flights was supposed to be starting weekly direct flights from St John's to LGW this summer. Now we can watch Air Canada pull out of their new flight schedule before it even starts. Again.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 11:47 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it's true unfortunately.

http://www.torontosun.com/news/canad.../13017621.html

Go Travel South agency grounded
By AEDAN HELMER, QMI Agency

OTTAWA - Travellers have been left scrambling by the sudden shutdown of the popular Go Travel South travel agency.

In a tersely worded statement posted to its website Wednesday night, the agency cited "economic circumstances" for the decision to cease operations and instructed clients to contact credit card companies for refunds.

Attempts to reach Go Travel were unsuccessful, and a recorded message on its 1-800 line directed clients to its website "for a current update on our company status." .......

..... Go Travel was not registered with the Travel Industry Council of Ontario, a provincially mandated organization which governs about 3,000 travel retailers and wholesalers, offering consumer protection through a compensation fund.

I can't believe they were still advertising up until a few days ago
Old Feb 26th 2010, 6:31 am
Just Joined

ashboe is an unknown quantity at this point

I am angry that because UK2NOVASCOTIA endorsed this company we spent £1400 on flights this summer. Although we can get a refund because of a credit card, lots of people use debit card for all sorts of reasons, and they can't a refund. I wonder what kind of reciprocal agreement UK2NS had to endorse this company?
Old Feb 26th 2010, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

The UK arm is ATOL registered. No idea how long ATOL will take to process a refund though. D***. I used my debit card. £1200 lost (hopefully only temporarily) for one way flights BACK from Canada this summer.

AND we now have to find the money for five flights back from Halifax with Air Canada - mid July prices too. I can see my "settlement funds" drifting away.

To be fair to UK2Nova Scotia, there was no way they could have forseen an airline bust (and I have nothing to do with them, honest).
Old Feb 26th 2010, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ashboe
I am angry that because UK2NOVASCOTIA endorsed this company we spent £1400 on flights this summer. Although we can get a refund because of a credit card, lots of people use debit card for all sorts of reasons, and they can't a refund. I wonder what kind of reciprocal agreement UK2NS had to endorse this company?
If you did pay by debit cart, ATOL will honour a refund, so no worries there....just a pain in the a** for all the hassle and extra expense having to buy another flight.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Trying to get through to ATOL. On hold still.... there is nothing on their website. Seems it's the Canadian arm that has gone bust according to Globe and Mail - no info on the UK arm, but Jetaway website "down" of course.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

OK, ATOL are not answering the phone but I did get a response from Cappell Travel, who deal with the UK arm.

It IS the Canadian arm that has gone bust, and this affects the UK flights to Halifax, St Johns and probably some others too, though not all. I guess most of us on here will be looking at Halifax and St Johns anyway.

Full refunds are being made via TRAVEL USA by cheque. He estimates will take weeks rather than months (or years). Emails will go out to travellers shortly giving the full details.

Now we just need to work out how to get back to London from Halifax in July without paying £5k with Air Canada..... ideas anyone?
Old Feb 26th 2010, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for the info.

Does anybody know the name of the receiver?

Halifax Mastercard are giving us the run around, and they are asking who the receiver is before they proceed.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

You could try calling the guy at Cappell Travel on 01920 484 513. He will know even if you didn't book via them.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 9:16 am
Just Joined

ashboe is an unknown quantity at this point

Now I have had time to calm down abit, I should modify my initial response. We went for a bargain price compared to Air Canada and UK2NS were right to point clients to that bargain - it was a risk I, at least, was aware of. Its just at 6am it felt like someone else's fault!
10 weeks we have been quoted to get a refund - by which time the Air Canada prices will have changed substantially.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

rockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kaye5
OK, ATOL are not answering the phone but I did get a response from Cappell Travel, who deal with the UK arm.

It IS the Canadian arm that has gone bust, and this affects the UK flights to Halifax, St Johns and probably some others too, though not all. I guess most of us on here will be looking at Halifax and St Johns anyway.

Full refunds are being made via TRAVEL USA by cheque. He estimates will take weeks rather than months (or years). Emails will go out to travellers shortly giving the full details.

Now we just need to work out how to get back to London from Halifax in July without paying £5k with Air Canada..... ideas anyone?
Canadian affair, One way Halifax to Gatwick, 15th July (random july date) 5 adults £2495.

www,canadianaffair.com. HTH
Old Feb 26th 2010, 11:16 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Further to this, we've been tracking Air Canada prices for a trip from St John's to London this summer. Consistently for July/Aug we were looking at $3k for two adults and an infant! Anyway, checked again last night and found a dramatic reduction in prices. We booked for end June to mid July for $1800 all in for the three of us!
Old Feb 26th 2010, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

montpro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rockspie
Canadian affair, One way Halifax to Gatwick, 15th July (random july date) 5 adults £2495.

www,canadianaffair.com. HTH
Thats £1,250 more than we paid last year! Just shows how much they have hiked their prices since flyzoom and globespan have gone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.