Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Introducing myself

Introducing myself

Old Mar 26th 2008, 2:30 am
Just Joined

Bazcop1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Introducing myself

Hi, Just wanted to say hello to you all. We now live here in BC Canada, and have been here since Nov 2005. Don't let anyone tell you that this place isn't the "Best Place in the World". The folks are wonderful. Sure you get the odd misery, but we saw a lot of those in the UK when we lived there. We find that this is a cheaper place to live than the UK. The weather is, well, okay I guess. But when it's nice it really is nice. We miss the UK now and then, and will never knock it, not will we sit back and let others knock it. UK was home to us for many years and is a great place, but this place is different, beautiful, welcoming, interesting, and BIG! Any help I can be to anyone who is making the big decision to come over, then I would be very pleased to help, but I do not set myself up as an expert although I do have a balanced common sense - I think.
Bazcop1
Old Mar 26th 2008, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

pammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to all
Default Re: Introducing myself

Hi,

I am also new to the site. My husband and I have been reading various forums for years ahead of getting our go ahead to move - he is leaving for Vancouver next week and I follow with our 18 month old in May.

Can you direct us to decent areas in Surrey to rent as that is going to be our biggest concern when we get there

Its good to hear that you are happy over there - we are leaving a lot of family and friends to make this move and some days, it seems like the craziest thing to do!
Old Mar 26th 2008, 2:00 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bazcop1
Hi, Just wanted to say hello to you all. We now live here in BC Canada, and have been here since Nov 2005. Don't let anyone tell you that this place isn't the "Best Place in the World". The folks are wonderful. Sure you get the odd misery, but we saw a lot of those in the UK when we lived there. We find that this is a cheaper place to live than the UK. The weather is, well, okay I guess. But when it's nice it really is nice. We miss the UK now and then, and will never knock it, not will we sit back and let others knock it. UK was home to us for many years and is a great place, but this place is different, beautiful, welcoming, interesting, and BIG! Any help I can be to anyone who is making the big decision to come over, then I would be very pleased to help, but I do not set myself up as an expert although I do have a balanced common sense - I think.
Bazcop1
Hey - can you give us the low down on "Surrey" so many people seem to run it down as dangerous, druggy etc. . . your views would be appreciated!!
Old Mar 26th 2008, 3:33 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Bazcop1
Hello, Bazcop1, and welcome to the BE forum.
x
Old Mar 26th 2008, 3:38 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pammiej
Hi,

I am also new to the site. My husband and I have been reading various forums for years ahead of getting our go ahead to move - he is leaving for Vancouver next week and I follow with our 18 month old in May.

Can you direct us to decent areas in Surrey to rent as that is going to be our biggest concern when we get there

Its good to hear that you are happy over there - we are leaving a lot of family and friends to make this move and some days, it seems like the craziest thing to do!
Hello, pammiej, and welcome to the BE forum.

I know you're new to the forum, and I know it's daunting to find your way round this website when you're new.

However, this is the Meet & Greet forum. People who could answer your question about Surrey might not see it tucked away in this forum. You'd be better off asking this question in the main Canada forum, with a thread title that includes "Surrey."

Hope that helps.
x
Old Mar 26th 2008, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Bazcop1
Hi and welcome to BE Great to hear your loving it thats what we want to hear
Old Mar 26th 2008, 4:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pammiej
Hi,

Hi and welcome to BE sounds exciting and daunting all at the same time wish you luck and hope you find some where nice to live, as Judy said ask in the main forum, you will get lots of answers, good luck
Old Mar 26th 2008, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

Bazcop1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Hey - can you give us the low down on "Surrey" so many people seem to run it down as dangerous, druggy etc. . . your views would be appreciated!!
Hey Carri B
"Judy in Calgary" suggests that we move the question part of the thread to
the main Canada forum, so I will reply to you via that that forum later today
( Wed. ) Same goes for the other folk who have asked me a question. Thank you so much everyone for your very warm welcomes.
Best whatsits.
Bazcop1