Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Intra Company Transfer USA to Canada - Progress report

Intra Company Transfer USA to Canada - Progress report

Old Jul 21st 2018, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Teanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Intra Company Transfer USA to Canada - Progress report

Originally Posted by Lichisadave
Hi we arrived on the 7th June via ICT my husband's company used their lawyers to sort the forms and paper work out. They needed to get a file together to support the transfer (he came over on the senior management part) The lawyers needed to apply for a code on the immigration website to attach to the paperwork. We then presented the file at immigration on arrival to Canada and where given my husband's TWP and my OWP and visitors records for the children. As previously stated you do not get PR.

With regards to waiting, we where the same as you. We had everything arranged for the 7th June, flights for all the family including the dog, hotel, car hire etc and we where assured that everything on their side would be ready. Six days before our flight my husband received a call that the immigration website was down and they couldn't get the code (which is I believe to do with not needing an LMIA) and didn't know when they would get it. Two very long days later we where told that everything was good to go.
I'm glad you managed to get it sorted, the waiting is a real pain. Hopefully for us it won't be too long now.

How are you settling in? Where abouts are you living?
Old Jul 22nd 2018, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Lichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teanmontana
Perfect, thanks. I believe we will both need eta on arrival to be issued TWP & OWP. ALL of which can happen once the file is complete for presentation at POE.
If you are travelling on a British passport you need your eta before you fly. It's easy to apply and it is electronically attached to your passport.
Old Jul 22nd 2018, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Lichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad you managed to get it sorted, the waiting is a real pain. Hopefully for us it won't be too long now.

How are you settling in? Where abouts are you living?
Hi it all seems so long ago now we are settled and living in Oakville Ontario.

Good luck hope your not waiting too long.
Old Jul 22nd 2018, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Teanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi it all seems so long ago now we are settled and living in Oakville Ontario.

Good luck hope your not waiting too long.
Great, glad you are settled. We are also looking around the Oakville area as I will be working on Lakeshore Rd near Charnwood. Expensive though lol
Old Jul 23rd 2018, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

Great, glad you are settled. We are also looking around the Oakville area as I will be working on Lakeshore Rd near Charnwood. Expensive though lol
Yes it is expensive but needed somewhere with decent commute time to Downtown for my husbands work. It is a lovely town lots to do and plenty of trails etc Bronte is really nice not sure of prices there, we looked at Burlington as well. I'd recommend getting a realtor to look for houses ours was amazing.
Old Jul 23rd 2018, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

Yes it is expensive but needed somewhere with decent commute time to Downtown for my husbands work. It is a lovely town lots to do and plenty of trails etc Bronte is really nice not sure of prices there, we looked at Burlington as well. I'd recommend getting a realtor to look for houses ours was amazing.
Great advice thanks, do you have a recommendation for realtor?
Old Jul 23rd 2018, 7:24 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Great advice thanks, do you have a recommendation for realtor?
HGerchikov (of this parish) was an Oakville realtor until her recent move out into the boondocks, and could probably give you some good pointers if not a direct recommendation. I'd also be happy to PM you contact details for the excellent realtor we used a dozen years ago, with whom we're still in regular touch and who we often see around town.
Old Jul 23rd 2018, 7:42 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
HGerchikov (of this parish) was an Oakville realtor until her recent move out into the boondocks, and could probably give you some good pointers if not a direct recommendation. I'd also be happy to PM you contact details for the excellent realtor we used a dozen years ago, with whom we're still in regular touch and who we often see around town.
1. boondocks is relative, I think of her as living "almost in Guelph"
2. I believe she is still a realtor, she likely still knows Oakville and would be a novelty giving a tour in gumboots.
Old Jul 24th 2018, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Great thank you every little helps. 👍👍👍👍
Old Jul 31st 2018, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

At last some news today, after just over two weeks of pretty much nothing it all comes at once.

Global assignment counselor made contact and we now have the following in place.
VISA paperwork on it's way to my HR to be signed off and cross checked ready for issuing to me.
Sight seeing trip arranged for 20th August for a week to incorporate house and area tours, hotel, car and flights booked.
Final trip penciled in for 1st September - temporary apartment and rental car to be arranged by company.
First day at work 4th September.
Packing and moving company hired for Montana end.
Notice given on rental property.

All done in an afternoon, boom - well I did ask for it I suppose.

Only one problem thrown up so far and that is transferring the car to Canada - I have a loan on it as we brought it via Autosource when we moved to America. Seems this isn't quite so simple but i'm up for a challenge. Anyone done this?????????????????/
Old Aug 1st 2018, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Packing and shipping forms received, insurance documents and customs forms to. Arrangements starting to come through. The household survey will be next to establish what size of container and packing materials will be required.
Notice accepted on the rental property and due to leave that on 31st August.

Lots to do in a short space of time.

Transferring the car still a concern!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 2nd 2018, 1:13 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

At last some news today, after just over two weeks of pretty much nothing it all comes at once.

Global assignment counselor made contact and we now have the following in place.
VISA paperwork on it's way to my HR to be signed off and cross checked ready for issuing to me.
Sight seeing trip arranged for 20th August for a week to incorporate house and area tours, hotel, car and flights booked.
Final trip penciled in for 1st September - temporary apartment and rental car to be arranged by company.
First day at work 4th September.
Packing and moving company hired for Montana end.
Notice given on rental property.

All done in an afternoon, boom - well I did ask for it I suppose.

Only one problem thrown up so far and that is transferring the car to Canada - I have a loan on it as we brought it via Autosource when we moved to America. Seems this isn't quite so simple but i'm up for a challenge. Anyone done this?????????????????/
I've brought three cars to Canada from the US including one of the cars I have now. The current one I bought off the internet last November and had delivered. What's the area of complication?
Old Aug 2nd 2018, 2:06 am
cxx
BE Enthusiast

cxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I've brought three cars to Canada from the US including one of the cars I have now. The current one I bought off the internet last November and had delivered. What's the area of complication?
I think the issue is transferring the loan.
Old Aug 2nd 2018, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cxx
I think the issue is transferring the loan.
Correct, due to us having a loan on the vehicle it is a bit more tricky to get over the boarder.
Old Aug 2nd 2018, 2:55 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Correct, due to us having a loan on the vehicle it is a bit more tricky to get over the boarder.
Oh, I wouldn't expect to be able to do that unless the loan was held by a Canadian bank and, even then, it's not likely that the different branches of the bank would be able to deal with each other. It's a long shot but the TD is very active in the US, you could ask them if they would loan you the money to get out of debt in the US in order to loan you money to get into debt in Canada. It's probably easier to sell the car in the US, take the loss and start again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.