Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Internet/TV packages

Internet/TV packages

Old Jan 25th 2012, 7:12 pm
Cheesy Grin :-)

Dotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of light
Default Internet/TV packages

Evening all (morning for some),

I'm sure this subject may have been covered but I'm a bit of a technophobe so if anybody can point me to a thread already covering this question, that'd be great. If not, we're moving out early summer and want to know who are best providers for internet (unlimited - we have a teen!) and tv. Googling throws up techsavvy but it seems there's either internet or tv, not too many provide both, or am I missing something?

Thanks all.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 7:24 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Internet/TV packages

You might want to say where you're moving to, it'll make a difference.

I'm out of city limits, so get the pleasure of paying over the odds for both services, no opportunity to bundle. I use Bell (TV) and Xplornet (satellite internet).
Old Jan 25th 2012, 7:36 pm

Dotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks RICH,

We'll be heading to wherever the jobs are but focusing mainly on Toronto and outskirts.

Whilst on, I forgot to ask about mobile packages. At the moment we're on Tesco pay monthly £10 gets us 500 minutes and 5,000 texts. I'm almost too scared to ask what we'll have to pay in Canada
Old Jan 25th 2012, 11:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of light

I live in Ottawa but Toronto has the same providers.
I have been with Rogers for over 20 years for our cable and until two years ago used Bell for the home phone and Internet. Last year I dropped Bell and now have all 3 with Rogers I have HD with the cable, the lowest Speed Internet ( no kids ) and the basic phone. Total cost $114 (including tax).
Old Jan 25th 2012, 11:49 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dotty P
I'm almost too scared to ask what we'll have to pay in Canada
My OH has pay as ya run and she gets unlimited txt. All for $10 a month, on Virgin Mobile.

Cost of voice calls can be anything from 10 to 100 dollars, depends on your usage.

Txt is OK to start with though, and stick 10 bucks of voice call mins on for merginsies.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 12:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Try this site for all things tech, tv, internet etc etc
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/
Old Jan 26th 2012, 6:43 pm

Thank you peops, some good info there, most grateful!
Old Jan 26th 2012, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dotty P
Thank you peops, some good info there, most grateful!
Can I suggest that you call/speak to Bell/Telus/Rogers/Shaw and see what kind of a bundle they can offer you that has internet,cable/satellite,cell, home phone and see if the various companies will try and match the offers from others.

Here is a forum where people talk about the deals they got on rogers for new or continuing cable tv packages.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/merge...ad-785331/412/

and here is one for Wind mobile

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/wind-...calls-1127266/

Don't take the first package offered and try to get as short a commitment period as possible.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 6:34 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Dotty P - I love you! Thank you for asking exactly what I wanted to know, and thank you for those kind enough to reply. Just with regard to geography would this be good info for NB too perhaps?
Old Jan 27th 2012, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Can I suggest that you call/speak to Bell/Telus/Rogers/Shaw and see what kind of a bundle they can offer you that has internet,cable/satellite,cell, home phone and see if the various companies will try and match the offers from others.

Here is a forum where people talk about the deals they got on rogers for new or continuing cable tv packages.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/merge...ad-785331/412/

and here is one for Wind mobile

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/wind-...calls-1127266/

Don't take the first package offered and try to get as short a commitment period as possible.
Thanks so much for this comprehensive bit of info, really appreciated. We'll certainly be taking your advice!
Old Jan 27th 2012, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by MillieF
Dotty P - I love you! Thank you for asking exactly what I wanted to know, and thank you for those kind enough to reply. Just with regard to geography would this be good info for NB too perhaps?
Awwww MillieF, you've made me blush....

Glad I could be of assistance, even though I didn't realise I was