Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Insurance for landing as visitor

Insurance for landing as visitor

Old Jan 25th 2012, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Parris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Insurance for landing as visitor

I have my Mum landing at the end of Feb and have just been told that as she is on a visitors visa that she will not be able to get Alberta Health Care, her PR paperwork is in but not through yet.

Does anyone know of an insurance company that will cover an extended stay like that and cover her for prescriptions.

Thanks
Old Jan 25th 2012, 9:14 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Insurance for landing as visitor

Originally Posted by Parris
I have my Mum landing at the end of Feb and have just been told that as she is on a visitors visa that she will not be able to get Alberta Health Care, her PR paperwork is in but not through yet.

Does anyone know of an insurance company that will cover an extended stay like that and cover her for prescriptions.

Thanks
Try Blue Cross
Old Jan 26th 2012, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

Parris is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Aviator
Try Blue Cross
Thanks, have tried them they want $549 for 3 months coverage and won't even cover the cost of her current prescription for an inhaler!
Old Jan 26th 2012, 6:02 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Parris
Thanks, have tried them they want $549 for 3 months coverage and won't even cover the cost of her current prescription for an inhaler!
Doubt you will find any different anywhere else. She could try and buy insurance from the UK. Otherwise you are stuck with coverage like Blue Cross.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 2:51 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

If she's only out for 3 months, can her UK Dr not prescribe her enough to tide her over if she explains? My mum did for an extended visit.