Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Insufferable Canada

Insufferable Canada

Old Feb 13th 2006, 4:29 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Insufferable Canada

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
Ontarians don't like to vote in a way that may appear to alienate Quebec.

Curiously, at election time, I rarely hear :

"so-and-so is the ideal candidate from the perspective of the GTA but, wait, we can't vote for her, she's not well liked in Montreal"
Old Feb 13th 2006, 4:30 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Ever hear about how Ontario's Minister of Agriculture wanted to ban beef from Alberta (all in the same country)? Well he could have!
Therefore a dispute over freetrade neither proves nor disproves a custom union. Therefore negating your softlumber dispute post.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 4:31 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MikeUK
This looks more and more to me like another case of a Canadian trying so hard to point out how different they are from the Americans,,

Whilst through European eyes they’ll always look so so similar…

Its just a matter of perspective
Any two things appear similar whenever you don't look close. Venus looks like a bright star in the night, but it's a planet and very different from the sun which is a star.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 4:32 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeUK
This looks more and more to me like another case of a Canadian trying so hard to point out how different they are from the Americans,,

Whilst through European eyes they’ll always look so so similar…

Its just a matter of perspective
As an aside, several years back my Quebecoise pointed to a group of people standing on an Underground platform. "I bet they're from Quebec". We sidled. She was right. Not bad going when you can pick out your compatriots from 30 yards and out of earshot.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 4:34 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
As an aside, several years back my Quebecoise pointed to a group of people standing on an Underground platform. "I bet they're from Quebec". We sidled. She was right. Not bad going when you can pick out your compatriots from 30 yards and out of earshot.
It's the fleur-de-lys tats.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 4:35 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dbd33
Curiously, at election time, I rarely hear :

"so-and-so is the ideal candidate from the perspective of the GTA but, wait, we can't vote for her, she's not well liked in Montreal"
Then you didn't listen to Brenda Stonach (Ontario politician) when she gave the reasons why she crossed the floor to go from the Conservatives to the Liberals. She was worried that Harper would end up alienating Quebec.

Last edited by oceanMDX; Feb 13th 2006 at 4:40 pm.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 4:40 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Then you didn't listen to Brenda Stonach when she gave the reasons why she crossed the floor to go from the Conservatives to the Liberals. She was worried that Harper would end up alienating Quebec.
What a silly girl!!! Didnt that back fire on her.
And how many people seriously believe she crossed the floor for any reason OTHER than her political career?
Old Feb 13th 2006, 4:41 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbd33
It's the fleur-de-lys tats.
I think it was more to do with the velour and violently dyed hair.

It's quite easy, by the way to tell the difference between younger women from ON and QC.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 4:41 pm
mañana is my busiest day

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
What a silly girl!!! Didnt that back fire on her.
And how many people seriously believe she crossed the floor for any reason OTHER than her political career?
Apparently Brenda still has a lot of credibility - she was re-elected you know.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 4:44 pm
Banned

So was Art!!! So what the hell does re-election prove but a lazy or stupid electorate!!
Old Feb 13th 2006, 4:49 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Souvenir
It's quite easy, by the way to tell the difference between younger women from ON and QC.

Go on ...
Old Feb 13th 2006, 4:50 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Then you didn't listen to Brenda Stonach (Ontario politician) when she gave the reasons why she crossed the floor to go from the Conservatives to the Liberals. She was worried that Harper would end up alienating Quebec.
Who is Brenda Stonach?

I thought her name was Belinda Stronach.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 4:51 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Hangman
Who is Brenda Stonach?

Spotted there Steve.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 4:54 pm
mañana is my busiest day

Originally Posted by Hangman
Who is Brenda Stonach?

I wanted to see if Butch or dbd would know! They didn't.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 4:56 pm
Banned

I wanted to see if Butch or dbd would know! They didn't.
See my previous post about straws me owd cock sparrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.