Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Insufferable Canada

Wikiposts

Insufferable Canada

Old Feb 13th 2006, 6:49 am
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Insufferable Canada

Originally Posted by dbd33
Presumably they intended "USA" to include Canada.
Why would they do that? Just because you work in the US and live in Canada?

It turns out that we are skinny bastards!
Old Feb 13th 2006, 6:50 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
Okay, but on the fat ass issue I raised, Canada is better than I thought.

Rankings for the fattest countries:

1) USA (surprise)
2) Mexico
3) Britain
4) Slovak Republic
5) Greece (too much greasy food)
6) Australia

Canada isn't even mentioned:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...E23289,00.html
I'm surprised to see Slovakia in there. I've been there a few times and didn't see much evidence of fatness. Australia? I thought obesity was illegal there.

Greece? Who cares?
Old Feb 13th 2006, 6:51 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

No, it wasn't about references to the same book - look again.

I have never heard the leader of a major political party tell the US ambassador to Canada off like Harper has - that doesn't make for a warm relationship. Harper first told David Wilkins to stay out of Canada's election and then he told him off about how the PM gets his mandate from the people of Canada rather than from the US ambassador.
Jean Chretien declined to join America's war. I'd say that's a little stronger than swatting at the ambassador during an election campaign.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 6:55 am
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Jean Chretien declined to join America's war. I'd say that's a little stronger than swatting at the ambassador during an election campaign.
Agreed, but lets both wait for Bush to really piss Harper off - and Bush will - then you will see.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 6:59 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed, but lets both wait for Bush to really piss Harper off - and Bush will - then you will see.
$10 says Harper will join any war Bush declares. Perhaps Gretzky will hold the money.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 7:07 am
mañana is my busiest day

$10 says Harper will join any war Bush declares. Perhaps Gretzky will hold the money.
You are on!

Gretzky has more money than Harper and Bush added together.

PS. A war on marijuana doesn't count.

by dbd33: This message has been deleted by dbd33. Reason: Horse, dead, flogged
Don't get depressed on us now, you are beaten but still very much alive.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 7:13 am
Assimilated Pauper

You are on!

Gretzky has more money than Harper and Bush added together.

Don't get depressed on us now, you are beaten but still very much alive.
I'm beaten often. It's one of the pleasures of an English schooling that stays with one through life. Nothing today, alas.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Tim Horton's has a new ad featuring an Asian grandfather, it's set in a hockey rink and suggests assimilation through coffee. I find it absurdly patronising. It lacks donuts, we don't see successive generations expanding, but it milks every stereotype; kindly white man offers coffee to timid immigrant, immigrant's child adopts local religion, third generation child is a hockey star. Apparently uncaring and inscrutable oriental father learns Canadian values and reveals secret bond with child and grandchild. All celebrate with coffee from a US based multinational corporation.

I'd barely pushed finished puking when CBC moved on to the betting story:

Wayne Greztky, a Canadian icon, like that guy who couldn't hobble across the country on one leg, gambles a bit but the CBC wriggles and squirms to avoid saying so.

Am I the only one who finds a streak of self-righteousness a mile wide in the Canadian psyche ?

and your point is????
Old Feb 13th 2006, 7:17 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by wildmark
and your point is????
Feel free to read back through the thread. You'll find posts by dingbat and AnyaT that state the point succinctly.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 7:18 am
mañana is my busiest day

I'm beaten often.
I hope not by any of your three wives.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 7:24 am
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wildmark
and your point is????
11 pages on and you still need an explanation !!

Do you work for CIC?? …
Old Feb 13th 2006, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MikeUK

Do you work for CIC?? …
Maybe!
Old Feb 13th 2006, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeUK

Do you work for CIC?? …
More likely the Italien Goverment ...(hence the Roman connection )
Old Feb 13th 2006, 9:24 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Not surprisingly.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 10:55 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Not surprisingly.
Do tell.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.