Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Immigration Companies

Immigration Companies

Old Mar 12th 2010, 4:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration Companies

Originally Posted by lins and Stef McLachlan
You obviously have not read my previous posts.

CHC got it completely wrong when they assessed years in education and we sought redress in the Federal Court where we had to use a Canadian Lawyer to present the case. We won that case as everything we had done was correct from the beginning.

So please be sure of your facts before insinuating that we did not get the paperwork right. I never have and never will claim to be any expert but like many on here am prepared to help others through our experiences.

As a direct result of our case, CHC has had to re-write their policy, and that will help others.
Stef
I did have my facts correct, if you read what I posted you will find nothing incorrect there. I didn't suggest that you had done anything wrong.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

But if you read your post, you will see the suggestion IS there
Stef

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Didn't you represent yourself and then require an "expert" to sort things out for you?
Old Mar 12th 2010, 5:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lins and Stef McLachlan
But if you read your post, you will see the suggestion IS there
Stef
OK. I do not want to get into a pissing contest with you. I apologise unreservedly for any offence my original post may have caused you.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, you have to appreciate that we have had a nightmare of a journey thus far....but hopefully the process we went through will actually stop someone else from having to go through this. If you would like to read the Court decision, just PM me and I will let you have the link
lol
Stef

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
OK. I do not want to get into a pissing contest with you. I apologise unreservedly for any offence my original post may have caused you.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

lifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to all

5,000 for other people to fill in forms for you who aren't even experts on Canada - hummmmm. If I were you I'd print off all the forms from the Canadian Immigration website, have a good long read of them over the weekend. Once you've recovered from the initial shock (it is very overwhelming at first), read them again and you'll soon see it's not actually that difficult, it's just a lot of stuff to gather that you'd rather not have to go digging around for. The key point to remember is that everything you'd spend time collecting if you represented yourself you'll have to spend time collecting anyway for the middle man. It's a lot of money to part with and won't get you here any faster.

If your case is truly tricky - criminal or medical issues for example then it might be worth it but for a normal situation hang on to your money, you'll need it during the long, expensive road ahead.

Just my thoughts.....
Old Mar 12th 2010, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

EDD1E is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lifeisajourney
5,000 for other people to fill in forms for you who aren't even experts on Canada - hummmmm. If I were you I'd print off all the forms from the Canadian Immigration website, have a good long read of them over the weekend. Once you've recovered from the initial shock (it is very overwhelming at first), read them again and you'll soon see it's not actually that difficult, it's just a lot of stuff to gather that you'd rather not have to go digging around for. The key point to remember is that everything you'd spend time collecting if you represented yourself you'll have to spend time collecting anyway for the middle man. It's a lot of money to part with and won't get you here any faster.

If your case is truly tricky - criminal or medical issues for example then it might be worth it but for a normal situation hang on to your money, you'll need it during the long, expensive road ahead.

Just my thoughts.....

Would just like to say a big thanks to everyone who took time to reply, have had very good advice and will read up and look into doing it myself,

I will say that it was never about the money, just wanted to know if anyone had anything good to say about these so called Immigration (Expert) Companies/Agencies, and had they succesfully got to where they wanted to go.

Thanks again.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 7:41 pm
wassup clique

greentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Eddie,

Have a go and do it yourself, like others have posted it isn't that difficult and you could put that money saved into something more worthwile when you get here.

It really is easy money for these agents to make and there is no guarantee if you go with an agent that you are going to get in any quicker.

Like Stef says there are people on here that will help if you are stuck with some of the questions.

Good luck
Old Mar 17th 2010, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

holbendem is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Immigration Companies

Originally Posted by EDD1E
Hi, Am currently in the process of moving to Canada with company Called Commonwealth Visas, Anyone used or heard anything regarding this company, I still have right too cancel and am entitled to getting back my fee, so it is not too late to change,Also could anyone give me any feedback on the company migration expert as they claim to be the best and I'm wondering should I have gone with them,

Cheers
Eddie Eddie Eddie BIG BELLS Please stop dont do it get your money back NOW We came to Canada 2 yrs ago, we used a company called **************** They took our money and farmed us off to commonwealth visas in fact we think its the same company with a few names. after a while all was going well, we got to canada and started the paperwork and stuff and then we could not get hold of them even today they still dont answer the phone. we finally got intouch only to be told that **************** had gone bump and if we wanted common to do more work it would cost £145-00 per month for them to check our paperwork we lost £10,000 and know we do it all by ourselves so please please dont do it if you rereallyeed help pm me and listen to the people on here most will tell you not to do it with them