Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Immigration Companies

Immigration Companies

Old Mar 12th 2010, 2:04 am
Just Joined

EDD1E is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immigration Companies

Hi, Am currently in the process of moving to Canada with company Called Commonwealth Visas, Anyone used or heard anything regarding this company, I still have right too cancel and am entitled to getting back my fee, so it is not too late to change,Also could anyone give me any feedback on the company migration expert as they claim to be the best and I'm wondering should I have gone with them,

Cheers

Last edited by EDD1E; Mar 12th 2010 at 2:47 am.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 2:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration Companies

Isn't it too late to be asking this question?
Old Mar 12th 2010, 2:35 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EDD1E
Hi, Am currently in the process of moving to Canada with company Called Commonwealth Visas, Anyone used or heard anything regarding this company, Also could anyone give me any feedback on the company migration expert as they claim to be the best and I'm wondering should I have gone with them,

Cheers
I have never heard of them though a quick scope through their website seems to show that they are not CSIC members - https://www.csic-scci.ca/ - though perhaps their Canada expert is but they just don't mention it and their newsletters seem regular up to 2008 and then just stop.

Anyhoooooo as the poster above states - isn't it a bit late if you have already signed up with them?
Old Mar 12th 2010, 2:40 am
Just Joined

No, it is not too late, as i've been advised I could get a refund on my fee. Was just wondering if anyone else had used them.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 2:46 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

No, it is not too late, as i've been advised I could get a refund on my fee. Was just wondering if anyone else had used them.
Have they done anything to make you suspicious? If not, then just proceed and if they DO then ask for your money back.

Out of interest - what is the fee?
Old Mar 12th 2010, 2:51 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
IMO The paperwork is not too daunting for anyone of reasonable intelligence to undertake. The Company will ask you to provide them with all the documents in any case, then charge a big fat fee. I would ask for your money back and do it yourself. There is always plenty of help and a wealth of experience on here....why pay someone else.
lol
Stef

Hi, Am currently in the process of moving to Canada with company Called Commonwealth Visas, Anyone used or heard anything regarding this company, I still have right too cancel and am entitled to getting back my fee, so it is not too late to change,Also could anyone give me any feedback on the company migration expert as they claim to be the best and I'm wondering should I have gone with them,

Cheers
Old Mar 12th 2010, 2:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Have they done anything to make you suspicious? If not, then just proceed and if they DO then ask for your money back.

Out of interest - what is the fee?
£5000, Have not done anything suspicious, were very convincing, but when i part with that kind of cash, i like to think it is money well spent, and obviously if other people have had success with them then that would put my mind at ease.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 2:55 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lins and Stef McLachlan
Hi
IMO The paperwork is not too daunting for anyone of reasonable intelligence to undertake. The Company will ask you to provide them with all the documents in any case, then charge a big fat fee. I would ask for your money back and do it yourself. There is always plenty of help and a wealth of experience on here....why pay someone else.
lol
Stef
Cheers Stef, I may well just do that.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 2:59 am

£5000, Have not done anything suspicious, were very convincing, but when i part with that kind of cash, i like to think it is money well spent, and obviously if other people have had success with them then that would put my mind at ease.
Does that amount include the Canadian Government fee?
Old Mar 12th 2010, 3:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Does that amount include the Canadian Government fee?
Yes, I have been told that everything is included,except for medicals and criminal record checks that i have to do further down the process. Have heard that between £5000-£6000 is about the normal rate, Dont mind the cost as long as i get there.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 3:05 am

Yes, I have been told that everything is included,except for medicals and criminal record checks that i have to do further down the process. Have heard that between £5000-£6000 is about the normal rate, Dont mind the cost as long as i get there.
Yes that is about right. If your case is straightforward though - no convictions or medical problems then you could do it yourself and turn that 5000 uk pounds into a nice shiney car when you get to Canada :0)
Old Mar 12th 2010, 3:10 am
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

5000 GBP, and all they do is check the paperwork for you.

Not a bad job if you can get it.

We paid 1800 GBP and I still think we were ripped off.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 3:12 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
We will all help you if you get stuck
lol
Stef

Cheers Stef, I may well just do that.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 3:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lins and Stef McLachlan
Hi
lol
Stef
Didn't you represent yourself and then require an "expert" to sort things out for you?
Old Mar 12th 2010, 3:28 am
BE Forum Addict

You obviously have not read my previous posts.

CHC got it completely wrong when they assessed years in education and we sought redress in the Federal Court where we had to use a Canadian Lawyer to present the case. We won that case as everything we had done was correct from the beginning.

So please be sure of your facts before insinuating that we did not get the paperwork right. I never have and never will claim to be any expert but like many on here am prepared to help others through our experiences.

As a direct result of our case, CHC has had to re-write their policy, and that will help others.
Stef

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Didn't you represent yourself and then require an "expert" to sort things out for you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.