Immigrating to Canada

Old Dec 29th 2004, 10:24 pm
Just Joined

Keithleeds is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Immigrating to Canada

Originally Posted by MikeUK
Wow such a back lash..

People on an immigration site complaining about immigrants

And also trying to compare different countries, both of which are up the front in the first world set too….

You know its times like this when you bask in the reality that in the first world you don’t have to be very clever to get on the internet...

If you really want to see what it like to be in the third world.. switch on the news... you might just realise why they want to move to a better place
You're right , you aren't very clever, or original . Yawn . Go park your CV 2
Old Dec 29th 2004, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

SANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really nice

Originally Posted by Keithleeds
You are quite wrong old bean . I can say what I like. My opinion counts regarding my country. I've paid my taxes, and worked hard for many years . Dont like to see them squandered dont you know.
Quite right - even if I do or do not agree. It is called democracy. It is a place where you can say what you like without fear of retribution, persecution or imprisonment.

Mind you - I am scared even in the UK to say what I really think and it has nothing to do with racism, immigration or who is in or out.

I read and was told by a security friend that the UK has more surveillance carried out on it than any other country...?
Old Dec 29th 2004, 10:29 pm
Glaswegian

Hmmm .... this is turning into another "I don't agree with your opinion, but I'll fight to the death for your right to hold it" thread isn't it?

Why doesn't this forum come with a pressure relief valve?

Old Dec 29th 2004, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

SANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really nice

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
Hmmm .... this is turning into another "I don't agree with your opinion, but I'll fight to the death for your right to hold it" thread isn't it?

Why doesn't this forum come with a pressure relief valve?

I seem to be repeating myself. What a boring git I am.
Old Dec 29th 2004, 10:43 pm
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by SANDRAPAUL
I seem to be repeating myself. What a boring git I am.
Spend long enough on the forum and you can watch yourself walk by .... apart from the occasional rarity, most threads seem to settle onto a handfull of subjects.

Old Dec 30th 2004, 12:02 am
Velouria

If thats the case Sharma, why are so many asians /east europeans so desparate to get there ?Contributing very little , creating ghetto's, hands constantly out for the next hand out.If the UK is becoming 3rd world it wll be because they let in so many Sharmas etc. Same as Canada really.Let far too many in without any real control. Asians both East Indian and Chinse playing the race card at every opportunity.

Dont like the sound of that eh Sharma ? Why because it's true.
wow - what is it with these threads nowadays?

thats funny, almost all of the asian and chinese i came across in the uk were running little shops and working...

Old Dec 30th 2004, 12:19 am
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by Velouria

thats funny, almost all of the asian and chinese i came across in the uk were running little shops and working...
Strangely enough its the same in Glasgow, Leicester & Calgary ... two jobs was the norm and the entire family got involved.

Old Dec 30th 2004, 12:27 am
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

And where I was brought up in Hitchin in Hertfordshire. Curiouser and curiouser.

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
Strangely enough its the same in Glasgow, Leicester & Calgary ... two jobs was the norm and the entire family got involved.
Old Dec 30th 2004, 3:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Velouria

That's right. I live in Victoria where over half of the population is chinese. Many of these folks are running little shops either in Chinatown or throughout Victoria, with families going back sometimes 3 or 4 generations (far longer than my family has been in Canada). No one is playing the racist card, in fact the mayor of Victoria is Chinese.

The Chinese contribute greatly to the economic and social side of Victoria adding a great deal of flavour to our culture.
Old Dec 30th 2004, 4:10 am
Just Joined

R. Sharma is an unknown quantity at this point

If thats the case Sharma, why are so many asians /east europeans so desparate to get there ?Contributing very little , creating ghetto's

Dont like the sound of that eh Sharma ? Why because it's true.
Actually I don't mind the sound of that at all, Keith old chum. But before you talk about contributions, take a look at the average GDP of ethnic communities within Canada. I'm not sure how much you have contributed to society, but from the looks of it, Canadian society would not suffer much of a loss when you eventually 'immigrate' to the undiscovered country.