Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

I'm going home .. strong language, not suitable for children

I'm going home .. strong language, not suitable for children

Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

sas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond repute
Default I'm going home .. strong language, not suitable for children

Well that bastard has truly got what he wants, i am out.

I had my appointment today and it wasn't good news.
I was told that i would be struggling financially if i stayed on my own as it is up to the prick to support us financially so wouldn't be able to get help from the system (i don't want help from the system, i am to proud) .. he doesn't earn great money so i wouldn't benefit from this situation.

Now he is like .. oh i feel for the boys .. HELLO .. you are the twat that didn't have the balls to finish it, instead you wait until we are all here to tell me you didn't expect it to work, they have settled in school, the youngest wants to take guitar lessons and be in the school play. The oldest is supposed to go and visit his high school on Wednesday .. but no, just think of yourself ..

OH MY GOD ... NOW I AM ANGRY ..

Well it is his birthday today, the only present i could wish him is that he rots in hell.

I am going to call Air Canada tomorrow and get our flight brought forward (thank god i got return as cheaper) and get in touch with a vet to find out how much it costs for a blood test, then hopefully he can put her on a plane in 6 months time .. by then i should be settled ..

In time i will know what the lesson was that i was to learn here .. can't see it at the moment though ..

I got my parcel from the UK today with all my goodies again the irony, i will be home soon to eat it and then some.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Batfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really nice
Default Re: I'm going home .. strong language, not suitable for children

Sas-lou,

I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. I'm not very good at advice but wanted to let you know that i am thinking of you and am sending youhuge hugs.

I really hope that things work out for you

Mel xx
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:17 pm

tinytears is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh gosh I don't know what to say to you. Try not to do anything rash until you have calmed down and thought things through. Easier said than done I'm sure.

Whatever happens it will work out for the best in the long run, of that I'm sure, I'm a firm believer things happen for a reason, no matter how much it doesn't feel like it at the time.

Wishing you tonnes of luck whatever happens.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

sas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond repute

I'm better off without him .. i need a real man anyway .. i am only saying that because i am angry .. in time i will not be angry and i know then that i really was better off without him .. BASTARD
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tinytears
Oh gosh I don't know what to say to you. Try not to do anything rash until you have calmed down and thought things through. Easier said than done I'm sure.

Whatever happens it will work out for the best in the long run, of that I'm sure, I'm a firm believer things happen for a reason, no matter how much it doesn't feel like it at the time.

Wishing you tonnes of luck whatever happens.
Do what??? i only have one option and im taking it .. do anything rash, you mean like beat the living shit out of him .. anyone got a large frying pan .. lol ..

It will be OK in time ..
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Walk away with you head held high he truly sounds like a scum bag. You will come through this and realize you're a lot stronger than you think.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:22 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear this Sas-Lou, You are making the decision that you feel is right for you and your kids, Good luck with the move back and I wish you all the very best for the future
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:25 pm

tinytears is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sas-lou
Do what??? i only have one option and im taking it .. do anything rash, you mean like beat the living shit out of him .. anyone got a large frying pan .. lol ..

It will be OK in time ..
You were talking the other day about trying to find a local job - is that no longer an option? I know you were saying that you would have to walk to work because there are problems with the buses or have I got that wrong?

Personally I think beating the living shit out of him is a great idea but hey ho!
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to wish you all the best Sas-Lou...never mind a real man, you don't need any man. You sound like a real fighter, you'll come through this eventually once the anger and pain subsides and you and your sons will settle down again -everyone always says how adaptable kids are.

I know it's going to be a tough while for you and the boys but keep your head held high. I wish you all the very best for the future

Hugs,

Adele xxx
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:29 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, did I ever miss that?

Sorry, thats a sucky situation. Is returning the only option?

Legally he signed up to support you for ten years or whatever, is there no way to enforce that?

Can you not work here, you should have an open work permit or something. Just seems from a few other posts I just read that your kids seem to have settled here and there was some hope for the future...seems a shame to go back to the UK if there is no draw to go there on the account of some adulterous areshole, bleed him dry through the divorce courts.

There are some nice men out there, honest (so my wife tells me anyway!)

Last edited by iaink; Jan 12th 2009 at 7:35 pm.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:32 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Wow, did ever miss that?

Sorry, thats a sucky situation. Is returning the only option?

Legally he signed up to support you for ten years or whatever, is there no way to enforce that?

Can you not work here, you should have an open work permit or something. Just seems from a few other posts I just read that your kids seem to have settled here and there was some hope for the future...seems a shame to go back to the UK if there is no draw to go there on the account of some adulterous areshole, bleed him dry through the divorce courts.

There are some nice men out there, honest (so my wife tells me anyway!)
Has she met some ?
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:34 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
Has she met some ?
Gotta wonder dontcha. I dont think its really the thread for levity though....
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:35 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta wonder dontcha. I dont think its really the thread for levity though....
Just trying to provide light relief me old mate. Sas needs something to lift her spirits she has been through so much cr@p.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:40 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

If he's not earning enough, it really doesn't matter

I'm here as my wife's Canadian and she's signed up to support me for three years...
I'm the sole earner and she's a stay at home mum, if my job goes, then our smart choice is to go home to the UK....

We keep a panic fund in the bank so that we can move and liquidate quickly if the shit happens
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:44 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeUK
If he's not earning enough, it really doesn't matter

I'm here as my wife's Canadian and she's signed up to support me for three years...
I'm the sole earner and she's a stay at home mum, if my job goes, then our smart choice is to go home to the UK....

We keep a panic fund in the bank so that we can move and liquidate quickly if the shit happens
Do they not ask for some sort of proof of funds or financial plan in order to support should it become necessary?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.