Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

if you own property and wish to move from uk

if you own property and wish to move from uk

Old Jul 21st 2003, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

jonno54 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face if you own property and wish to move from uk

I am in the process of buying property in canada outright so i have no mortgage and we plan to move our family there from the uk, to go over on temp residancy to your own home can you apply for perm residancy while your there and get a job

please help, we don´t want to wait months on end in uk before going and waiting for perm residancy that way, i heard it can take a year
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

louisa is an unknown quantity at this point

i think you need to do your research regarding job opportunities. coming over here on a temporary visa means that any prospective employers have to do an awful lot of paperwork to get you your work visa. ask yourself, why would they bother, unless you're particularly outstanding, when they can employ a canadian with no hassle? plus, they prefer candidates with canadian experience. i think it's very difficult to get employment at the moment.
Old Jul 25th 2003, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

louisa is an unknown quantity at this point

just another thought. we've applied for permanent residency whilst living in canada and we've been told it will take 18 -24 months to process.
Old Jul 26th 2003, 12:48 pm
english speakin

see my english speaking posting- Ottawa forget it. The job situation is dia in Canada at the moment. We had a friend who was working in Vancouver- got laid off, could'nt find work ,a very bright number also a Canadian Citizen, looked in Toronto and the USA, now has gone back to the UK and found work within 3 months!!

Don't come to Canada unless you have a job lined up and unless you have a lot of savings to live off! We really wish we had not come and are thinking very hard about what to do next!