IEC Jobs

Old Jan 22nd 2014, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Leaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond repute
Default IEC Jobs

Hi everyone

I am super happy I have my POE letter through (within two days of submitting my forms to MyCIC!?)

I am trying to find the answers to a couple of questions I have regarding work. I work in IT so will be looking for jobs in that field. I have already been in contact with a couple of recruiters and had positive feedback. If I was to work for one company doing contract to hire or contract work would how would this impact me if I want to apply for permanent residency? I would be paid by the recruiting company not the individual companies etc. as far as I'm aware.

I understand if I can get another visa through the IEC route next year I'd be ok providing the dates etc line up with when my visa this year expires and next years is active, if you see what I mean. But if after 9/10 months on the IEC I love it and definitely want to stay I'd want to try for PR, LMO in my field would be extremely difficult/impossible?

I'm going be in Ontario so I know they have a sponsored worker programme but I thought I read I have to have 12 months work experience which would mean I wouldn't be able to apply until my IEC visa has expired?

Anyone got any advice or been a similar situation?
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 9:32 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC Jobs

Originally Posted by Leaf25
Hi everyone

I am super happy I have my POE letter through (within two days of submitting my forms to MyCIC!?)

I am trying to find the answers to a couple of questions I have regarding work. I work in IT so will be looking for jobs in that field. I have already been in contact with a couple of recruiters and had positive feedback. If I was to work for one company doing contract to hire or contract work would how would this impact me if I want to apply for permanent residency? I would be paid by the recruiting company not the individual companies etc. as far as I'm aware.

I understand if I can get another visa through the IEC route next year I'd be ok providing the dates etc line up with when my visa this year expires and next years is active, if you see what I mean. But if after 9/10 months on the IEC I love it and definitely want to stay I'd want to try for PR, LMO in my field would be extremely difficult/impossible?

I'm going be in Ontario so I know they have a sponsored worker programme but I thought I read I have to have 12 months work experience which would mean I wouldn't be able to apply until my IEC visa has expired?

Anyone got any advice or been a similar situation?
"couple of recruiters and had positive feedback"

Recruiters promise you the world and in reality....