Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

I phookin 'ate Canada

I phookin 'ate Canada

Old Jul 26th 2006, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I phookin 'ate Canada

Ok, if your not going to play.......I'm off to my bed, eye's are going all funny and I haven't even had a drink!!!!

Good night Mr C

Linda
Old Jul 26th 2006, 5:24 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon she's just trying to keep up with me!

In 26 years of driving in the UK, I had just one parking ticket, ....ever!

Since April I have had one speeding (photo), one parking (was lucky not to be towed apparently! , and I still don't understand why I couldn't park there) and have been stopped twice by the police for "disregarding a traffic signal" .... and they could have charged me for not stopping at a stop sign, and also failing to have my registration in the car with me!!!

OMG .... I quiver at the sight of a cop car now! Thing is .... I am SUCH a law-abiding person, I am totally humilated, ...... but I do a LOT of driving compared to my DH, and also have a lot on my mind most of the time, which is distracting. Sometimes I'm just surprised I haven't killed anyone yet!

I'm beginning to loathe driving in Calgary .... and have applied to a hospital-based job to cut down my mileage .... so don't be mean to Mrs C!
Old Jul 26th 2006, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=AND if you wanna see daytime fireworks be at the 'site' tomorrow when I get hold of the site manager. [/QUOTE]

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE can I come and watch. I'll even insert sharp objects into the site manager free of charge

Sodding Builders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 26th 2006, 7:47 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Posidrive
I do second THAT emotion!
Old Jul 26th 2006, 7:49 pm
One of the "Wild Bunch"

Harry Longabaugh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Ok just to make some of you feel better.

Shite day here in Cassidy Land.

The (stupid) wife got her second speeding ticket complete with demerit points today!!!!!

AND

The asshole builders will not have completed all the work\finishing touches on our house by friday (completion day) BUT still demand full and final payment on friday (They were told in no uncertain where to go and screw themselves (twice)).
Hey Butch,

Chill out, kick back, and down a beer or two.

The house will be sorted soon, and you'll be so relieved to be in it that you'll forget the small delay.

As for Mrs. C's driving...... Give her a break..... Or at least show her how to use one..!!!! :scared:

Harry Longabaugh.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 9:01 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Harry Longabaugh
Hey Butch,

Chill out, kick back, and down a beer or two.

The house will be sorted soon, and you'll be so relieved to be in it that you'll forget the small delay.

As for Mrs. C's driving...... Give her a break..... Or at least show her how to use one..!!!! :scared:

Harry Longabaugh.
Just a though, I hope that you understand the holdback on new builds, just in
case your contractor has not paid the sub-trades and they slap a lien on the buildings.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 9:52 pm
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

Ok just to make some of you feel better.

The (stupid) wife got her second speeding ticket complete with demerit points today!!!!!

AND

The asshole builders will not have completed all the work\finishing touches on our house by friday (completion day) BUT still demand full and final payment on friday (They were told in no uncertain where to go and screw themselves (twice)).
Woah bad day

Hope everything goes well with the builders tomorrow I will be listening closely for the fireworks
Old Jul 26th 2006, 11:23 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

You should have heard me with the 'liaision' from the builder.
Mind you that was nothing compared to what she and her superviser got from Mrs C.
AND if you wanna see daytime fireworks be at the 'site' tomorrow when I get hold of the site manager.
We were up in Tuscany this afternoon, didn't see any smoke or fireworks.

I hope this was a good sign and that things got ironed out to everyone's satisfaction.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 12:21 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Posidrive
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE can I come and watch. I'll even insert sharp objects into the site manager free of charge

Oh you should have been there!!
He was cowering a corner .
The idiot even told me 'well we started work at 6 and havent stopped', Problem was I sat outside for an hour (11-12) with noone there. (what a dick if he was honest I'd have been a little kinder to him)
Anyway the work WILL be finished when I left at 2:30 they had four drywallers, 3 painters, 3 finishers and two labourers working away!!!
Old Jul 27th 2006, 12:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

[QUOTE=Butch Cassidy]Ok just to make some of you feel better.

Does your wife know that you speak about her that way?

You would pay big time if you were my husband!
Old Jul 27th 2006, 2:32 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Nope she was rushing up to Dead Rear!!!!!
She could see everybody else slowing down, but thought she was immune for some odd reason.

HEY! Watch it, me and the biker boys'll be down!!! Loads goes on Red Deer, we've just had Westerner Days.............
Old Jul 27th 2006, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute

Oh you should have been there!!
He was cowering a corner .
The idiot even told me 'well we started work at 6 and havent stopped', Problem was I sat outside for an hour (11-12) with noone there. (what a dick if he was honest I'd have been a little kinder to him)
Anyway the work WILL be finished when I left at 2:30 they had four drywallers, 3 painters, 3 finishers and two labourers working away!!!
I've got everything crossed that they finish on time - if not, round up all the Calgary expats and raid the builders office in a big mob!
Old Jul 27th 2006, 2:38 pm
little snowy owl

Originally Posted by Tuppence
I've got everything crossed that they finish on time - !
They won't ..... they'll finish at least 2 weeks late, then when they are not quite finished they will give you an astronimical bill for all the "extra" hours you made them put in as "you wanted a rush job!!!!!"

No, we didn't want a rush job ..... we wanted a good job done well, in a timely manner!!!!

Then when you don't have the money immediately to hand to give them, they wander off, and start another job elsewhere, still leaving the final bits unfinished!

Ours did thoughtfully leave old craft-knife blades lying about in nearly every room, just in case we felt the need to slash our wrists!
Old Aug 11th 2006, 6:30 am
Loving it here!

ClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to behold

so was it finished ? Did they deflate the bill?

How's life treating you now?

Old Aug 11th 2006, 6:36 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ClareBC
so was it finished ? Did they deflate the bill?

How's life treating you now?

Well we are in
The window guy is coming back
The painters have been back
The telephone system needs repairing
The Floor needs repairing
The toilet has been replaced (in the family bath)
The cabinet guy is back on the 24th
The Exterior paint is on the to do list
The basement floor is cracked
The parging is still to be done
The blinds where finished today
But otherwise

Anyway thanks for asking

BTW we love it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.