Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

I love it here...but miss the UK when...

I love it here...but miss the UK when...

Old Apr 30th 2010, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

NatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of light
Talking I love it here...but miss the UK when...

my flipping Football Team plays....and does the best they've ever done since we've left

So proud to be a Fulham Supporter - although fed up the news is still all about liverpool and the games are on crap TV channels (or ok ones we don't get).

I'll get a fix of the cottage when I pop home (even though the season will be over booo) but we'll still visit it for nostalgia - hopefully to see the Europa League Champion Cup

Anyone else miss sitting in their favourite ground, cheering with the faithful?

Feel sorry for Liverpool (well ok only a little bit).

Nats
Old Apr 30th 2010, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

kate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I love it here...but miss the UK when...

The world cup is coming up too.....that will cheer you up. It's a damn shame it's in South Africa. All the games will be on at weird times like they were in S Korea.

Really, the world cup is also the S American/ European cup, lets be honest. It's no good pretending that the rest of the world stands a chance.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 12:11 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NatsnSid
my flipping Football Team plays....and does the best they've ever done since we've left

So proud to be a Fulham Supporter - although fed up the news is still all about liverpool and the games are on crap TV channels (or ok ones we don't get).

I'll get a fix of the cottage when I pop home (even though the season will be over booo) but we'll still visit it for nostalgia - hopefully to see the Europa League Champion Cup

Nats
We watched a match at Craven Cottage at Christmas. I hadn't been to the ground before and thought the location wonderful. Not a fan of the team, of course.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
We watched a match at Craven Cottage at Christmas. I hadn't been to the ground before and thought the location wonderful. Not a fan of the team, of course.
Watched a game there at Craven Cottage with my son who lives in London, back in August 2004, the weekend before I moved over here permanently. Think they were playing Blackburn...or perhaps Bolton? Nice ground and location...all very civilised I thought, having a pint on the banks of the Thames before kick off.

Since then I have been a closet Fulham fan....
Old Apr 30th 2010, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macadian
Watched a game there at Craven Cottage with my son who lives in London, back in August 2004, the weekend before I moved over here permanently. Think they were playing Blackburn...or perhaps Bolton? Nice ground and location...all very civilised I thought, having a pint on the banks of the Thames before kick off.

Since then I have been a closet Fulham fan....
Hmm, a closet cottager....
Old Apr 30th 2010, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Hmm, a closet cottager....
Damn...I have been outed....
Old Apr 30th 2010, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

david_oz is just really nicedavid_oz is just really nicedavid_oz is just really nicedavid_oz is just really nicedavid_oz is just really nicedavid_oz is just really nicedavid_oz is just really nicedavid_oz is just really nice

Originally Posted by NatsnSid

Nats
agree 100%

and i thought i was the only fulham fan here!

in aus we don't get the same coverage you do in the uk, but it is at least on the radar. here.... nothing! less than nothing

im finding it kind of difficult to explain to canadians exactly what it is we've achieved. even explaining the competition is difficult. i've resorted to "imagine if the top 2 teams in each conference played against a whole bunch of other good teams from all over the world, and then the next few teams played off against another bunch of good teams (but not quite as good), we are in the final of that 2nd competition".

i wore my fulham shirt to work yesterday... people were like "thats a nice shirt, where did you get it? what is it?"

but yeah... i'm taking some workmates to whichever pub here can be bothered to show it on the day of the final