Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

I know its negative but.....

I know its negative but.....

Old Jan 13th 2010, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

Time 4 Change is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I know its negative but.....

We are seriously considering emigrating, for the 'better life', we are not after perfect weather etc, but an actual better run country, with less crime and better opportunities for our family, we have been researching on the internet, but all you get is statistics, and statistics dont really tell us what we need to know, I would like the real truth, of the country, we currently live in a small rural village on the outskirts of a nice town, however everything seems to be getting 'taken over' and no where really feels safe anymore, is it just me or are there any 'safe' places left in the world. I have looked at Canada and most things say this is the place, but i really need to know!!! Can anyone help me?

xxx
Old Jan 13th 2010, 10:47 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I know its negative but.....

Originally Posted by Time 4 Change
We are seriously considering emigrating, for the 'better life', we are not after perfect weather etc, but an actual better run country, with less crime and better opportunities for our family, we have been researching on the internet, but all you get is statistics, and statistics dont really tell us what we need to know, I would like the real truth, of the country, we currently live in a small rural village on the outskirts of a nice town, however everything seems to be getting 'taken over' and no where really feels safe anymore, is it just me or are there any 'safe' places left in the world. I have looked at Canada and most things say this is the place, but i really need to know!!! Can anyone help me?

xxx

I wouldn't move to Canada, its full of immigrants taking over.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

wannabecalgarypc is an unknown quantity at this point

xxx
I hate to say this but best to ask on another website as 50% on this site wont give you a good answer or at best a silly one. I do hope though that one of the nice people on here give you the answer you are looking for like Ann M
Old Jan 13th 2010, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

j and k has a spectacular aura aboutj and k has a spectacular aura aboutj and k has a spectacular aura about

Oy oink......

Find me someone in this world who isn't an immigrant!
Old Jan 13th 2010, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Oink
I wouldn't move to Canada, its full of immigrants taking over.
Ho Ho Ho.

Seriously: Canada is a great country if

1) you have no social conscience

2) you have financial capital to palliate Canadian thuggery

or

3) you are penniless and unscrupulous

4) if you have children, you are prepared to let go of all your familial, communal, and spiritual guidelines

5) your main focus is material improvement.

6) you loathe musical talent.

7) you have no understanding of English grammar.

8) you are willing to compromise for a higher standard of living with every single fibre of nobler Brit nature. Even chavs have a better compass.

Honest truth
Old Jan 13th 2010, 11:02 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wannabecalgarypc
I hate to say this but best to ask on another website as 50% on this site wont give you a good answer or at best a silly one. I do hope though that one of the nice people on here give you the answer you are looking for like Ann M
Its a bit daft wanting to leave a perfectly decent western democratic society for another one just because of media-driven baseless notions of pubic disorder and bad governance.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

Green Hornet is an unknown quantity at this point

Canada has cold depressing very long winters and if you dont think it will be a problem then you might want to give it a go.
Crime can be bad in some cities like anywhere , lots of good lots of bad it all depends on what you want.

I kid you not about the weather. It is nasty and if you are into the outdoors i hope you like winter sports for over half the year .

lots of great things here but dont expect it to be like the UK in the way of social life and ideology.

PS: we are leaving for greener and warmer pastures
Old Jan 13th 2010, 11:06 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wannabecalgarypc
Rich coming onto a site to post with which you seem to have such little regard for, don'tcha think ?
Old Jan 13th 2010, 11:06 pm
BE Troll

Lord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j and k
Oy oink......

Find me someone in this world who isn't an immigrant!
I'm not

To the OP. It is virtually impossible to answer your question because everything is subjective and we are all individuals. Someone could say that they love it and someone else that they hate it. Who is right? Who is able to guess what you would like? What is most important to you? Canada is very big and is very different both from the UK and also within itself. The Prairies are different from the Pacific coast which is different from the Maritimes which is different from the Arctic which is different from Ontario which is different from the Mountains which is different from Quebec which is different from Newfoundland. When you ask for the truth, I'm afraid that the truth is yours to discover. Good luck.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

j and k has a spectacular aura aboutj and k has a spectacular aura aboutj and k has a spectacular aura about

This whole thing about 'taking over'...................

I lived in perth last year, and over there i was a pom.

Some aussie people said to me (immigration) 'That's gonna f__k this country up!.... full o poms here, why move here?'

Not exactly the welcome party i expected on my first day at work!

I think where ever you go in the world, you're going to get some of these opinions. But that is unfortunately all part of the fun! Don't be detered,live the dream because when you mix and get to know each other...It can work!

So why go any where!?! Mix with immigrants here? why not??

We're all human, Just better scenery abroad! people are the same where ever you go.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lord Vader
I'm not

To the OP. It is virtually impossible to answer your question because everything is subjective and we are all individuals. Someone could say that they love it and someone else that they hate it. Who is right? Who is able to guess what you would like? What is most important to you? Canada is very big and is very different both from the UK and also within itself. The Prairies are different from the Pacific coast which is different from the Maritimes which is different from the Arctic which is different from Ontario which is different from the Mountains which is different from Quebec which is different from Newfoundland. When you ask for the truth, I'm afraid that the truth is yours to discover. Good luck.
You're not what?
Old Jan 13th 2010, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Vader
I'm not

To the OP. It is virtually impossible to answer your question because everything is subjective and we are all individuals.
Got to agree with this. Certainly for us, where we live now in Alberta is somewhere that we perceive to be rather safer than the south east of the UK that we emigrated from, but our UK context sounds rather different to the OP's...so who is to say the OP would perceive the same benefit?

Best wishes to the OP in finding their own answer.

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 11:20 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf
Ho Ho Ho.

Seriously: Canada is a great country if

1) you have no social conscience

2) you have financial capital to palliate Canadian thuggery

or

3) you are penniless and unscrupulous

4) if you have children, you are prepared to let go of all your familial, communal, and spiritual guidelines

5) your main focus is material improvement.

6) you loathe musical talent.

7) you have no understanding of English grammar.

8) you are willing to compromise for a higher standard of living with every single fibre of nobler Brit nature. Even chavs have a better compass.

Honest truth
Did the Gastroentologist find your head yet?
Old Jan 13th 2010, 11:28 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

I live in one of the Cities that is frequently "The Crime Capital of Canada", as a Realtor I am in and out of some of the worst areas of the City.

I feel safer and less threatened here than rural Cambridgeshire where we came from in 1998. Every time I return to the UK its just got worse than the time before.

Life for my family is calmer and less stressful here than it would have been in the UK.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 11:29 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

xxx
You should definitely come to Canada. The place is governed fantastically and there aren't any chav's. Everyone here is living the dream whilst being fully integrated into whichever local community they are in. You only live once, and life is what you make it after all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.