Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

I can't be the only one addicted!

I can't be the only one addicted!

Old Mar 24th 2008, 2:27 pm
Account Closed

Lauraandfam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I can't be the only one addicted!

My husband thinks I’m having an affair and my children feel motherless.

Problem is I just can’t get off this forum. I love hearing of everybody’s stories, ups and downs and just the general support, which is everflowing.

Thank heavens for this forum!!!

Just got to make sure the OH doesn’t get on because we’ll end up fighting over the keyboard plus he reads too slow and frustrates me, hee,hee!!

Looking forward to keeping up with everybody’s journey.

I am finding the lack of exercise and the compulsion to eat whilst on the computer rather a problem though. I’ve eaten three of the kiddies Easter eggs and that’s only today!! Bit scared I’ll need to book two seats on the plane when our time comes!!!!

Keep sharing!
Laura
Old Mar 24th 2008, 2:58 pm
Moose Jaw's Ambassador

roanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant future
Default Re: I can't be the only one addicted!

Well, welcome Laura and your OH! Yes it can be a bit of a distraction, especially when you start posting and interacting with the others. Just wish they had a facility like this when I immigrated in 87. Back then all you had was the local library and snail mail. Dark ages eh? So, trusting that you have studied the pre-requisite Wiki section, you can get posting with all your intelligent questions and opinions!!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 4:16 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

HI Laura - yup just a tad compulsive on here!!

but I keep finding amazing facts with which to amaze hunny & kids- while I eat their eggs!!!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

Talking about addiction - there is Lorna who has racked up 2,313 posts since June of 07, whereas I have been on here since April of 2003 and I have only managed to add 2,213 (now 4) posts!!

However, that will probably change when Lorna gets to the point where she can have a real job for real money!!!

Them Welsh people got lots to say for themselves!!!!!!

(Now I wait to see what insults Lorna can think of to throw my way!! Don't worry - we're good friends - we just like insulting one another!!!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 5:44 pm
Moose Jaw's Ambassador

roanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant future

Well, you are just gonna have to hit the "three word thread" a bit more often, gets you more "stars" quicker too!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:22 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep I hold my hands up, I'm addicted. I used to be a good employee, now I'm forever sneaking onto BE throughout the day! Ah well, it's all for the greater good
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:32 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by roanin
Well, welcome Laura and your OH! Yes it can be a bit of a distraction, especially when you start posting and interacting with the others. Just wish they had a facility like this when I immigrated in 87. Back then all you had was the local library and snail mail. Dark ages eh? So, trusting that you have studied the pre-requisite Wiki section, you can get posting with all your intelligent questions and opinions!!
Can't promise about the intelligent questions and opinions, as my OH says at certain times of the month I make no sense at all! (Brave man I hear you all say!!!) However when I'm on form I hope to contribute the best I can!

Thanks again for such a warm welcome!!

Just popping back to Wiki to make sure I’ve got the background stuff, don’t want to get a poor reputation so early on!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:42 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ireland2canada
Yep I hold my hands up, I'm addicted. I used to be a good employee, now I'm forever sneaking onto BE throughout the day! Ah well, it's all for the greater good
Hope you haven't got too many snoopy colleagues otherwise you may get outed before you’re ready!!!

Looks like you may be making a move this year so what the heck, live dangerously!

But honestly a really have to limit myself, the kiddies have had beans on toast three times this week. No more Delia!

I think I’ll have to give myself a reward chart:
5 mins online = gotten out of PJ’s, cleaned teeth, etc.

I just want to turn into a hermit and research, research, research!!

Oops, I must remember there is more to life than Canada, really??
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:46 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
HI Laura - yup just a tad compulsive on here!!

but I keep finding amazing facts with which to amaze hunny & kids- while I eat their eggs!!!
I like it!!

Keeps everyone happy!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:50 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lizwil98
Talking about addiction - there is Lorna who has racked up 2,313 posts since June of 07, whereas I have been on here since April of 2003 and I have only managed to add 2,213 (now 4) posts!!

However, that will probably change when Lorna gets to the point where she can have a real job for real money!!!

(Now I wait to see what insults Lorna can think of to throw my way!! Don't worry - we're good friends - we just like insulting one another!!!
I think you've just set the bar!!

Watch out Lorna, here I come!!

Only kidding, I couldn't keep up with you Welsh!

I married one so I should know! X
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:40 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

I would nt worry - I joined the MFC - Mikafanclub - lat Jan 07 and already on 7000 posts!! oops!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

I went on the 3 word post only I couldn't think of anything to say when I only had three words!!!

Old Mar 25th 2008, 1:33 am
Account Closed

I went on the 3 word post only I couldn't think of anything to say when I only had three words!!!

Harder than you think, isn't it!!!

Heavens, I better go to bed! It's 1.30am and the kiddies will be up at 6am!

I feel tired all of a sudden.................
Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
I would nt worry - I joined the MFC - Mikafanclub - lat Jan 07 and already on 7000 posts!! oops!
Carrie whats Mikafanclub ? how did you manage 7000 posts
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lauraandfam
Harder than you think, isn't it!!!

Heavens, I better go to bed! It's 1.30am and the kiddies will be up at 6am!

I feel tired all of a sudden.................
Yes its very addictive as you can see from my posts, i like to find out all i can especially when its such an important life changing decision

your kids will grow up healthy anyway if you are eating there eggs and giving them beans on toast house work gets neglected but the mice are happy and hubby wears the same shirt for a month and goes comando but hey how much can you reach from your keyboard

we have one of those that is up at 6 especially during the holidays
We are off to the village hall for an activity morning, ( wonder if they have wifi there )

have fun and try not to eat all there easter eggs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.