Reload this Page >

I am SOOOOOOOOOOO happy!

I am SOOOOOOOOOOO happy!

Old Jun 15th 2012, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

beautiful050278 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I am SOOOOOOOOOOO happy!

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
the Bacon is .. well to put it nicely, NOT GOOD. Its strips of bacon and just doesnt go well in a sarnie.

Im not a huge fan of cheese, only really use it for cooking but its CRAZY expensive, almost a luxary. I only buy it when its on sale.

The gravy is crap. Poutine gravy is the closest to anything remotely normal. Alot of it is tasteless and bland.

Baked beans over here I'm actually a fan of, they have alot more variety (unless its changed in the UK recently) you can get deep browned, maple syrup, regular, spicy, chipolte bbq and im sure theres some other ones too. They are all Heinz, you can get the store brand too but I never bother.

Clothes are getting better I find, but you have to shop around, for myself (25yr old male) the Bay sell Topman and there are HM's everywhere in malls but the fashion styles are 6-12 months behind europe. Everywhere else it seems to be the biggest baggiest jeans, t-shirts and baseball caps and I dont want to look like a 14 yr old kid in my mid 20's. Dont know why all other Canadian guys my age do. I'm so judemental ha.

I have recently discovered Abercrombie&Fitch in Calgary, over the moon is an understatement
Old Jun 15th 2012, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beautiful050278
I have recently discovered Abercrombie&Fitch in Calgary, over the moon is an understatement
Acutally yes their clothing is very high quality. Same with Hollister but its a bit more californian surf dude (they are same comany I believe though)

T-Shirts are very very high quality there and hold a great shape.

If you can go to the states for a shopping trip and manage to find a A & F you will love it. SOOOO much cheaper than Canada haha. I got two Tees, a longsleeve smart tee and a polo for.. $60!! (sale prices.. but theres always sales :P)
Old Jun 15th 2012, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishbird
hmm so my son will be ok maybe i should pack shed loads of gravy and onion gravy in my container as i love to make french onion soup and the gravy needs to be good..... figured it would be like streaky bacon we get here ( might have to buy some pigs and sell to other brits)
so ill be in fashion when i land lol
also. if you ever go somewhere and they have peameal bacon. Its basically a hug thick cut of ham. Not my thing lol.

The bacon strips arnt nice because its basically 50% fat 50% meat, unless you buy high quality, but thats $7+ from what I have seen.

Best tip for when you go grocery shopping. Avoid food in coloured boxes.. theres TON's of it in Walmart and its all rubbish, no matter how good the picture is lol
Old Jun 15th 2012, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

also. if you ever go somewhere and they have peameal bacon. Its basically a hug thick cut of ham. Not my thing lol.

The bacon strips arnt nice because its basically 50% fat 50% meat, unless you buy high quality, but thats $7+ from what I have seen.

Best tip for when you go grocery shopping. Avoid food in coloured boxes.. theres TON's of it in Walmart and its all rubbish, no matter how good the picture is lol
Talking about bacon, you can get it from Superstore (limited availability) but it will cost you around $5 for a few slices, worth it though
Old Jun 15th 2012, 3:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

hmm so my son will be ok maybe i should pack shed loads of gravy and onion gravy in my container as i love to make french onion soup and the gravy needs to be good..... figured it would be like streaky bacon we get here ( might have to buy some pigs and sell to other brits)
so ill be in fashion when i land lol
I'm intrigued, why do you need gravy to make French Onion soup?!? That's a new ingredient on me!

Don't think you can take anything with meat or meat juices/derivatives in btw, so do check as you might have to forget taking anything like gravy granules.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 3:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Acutally yes their clothing is very high quality. Same with Hollister but its a bit more californian surf dude (they are same comany I believe though)

T-Shirts are very very high quality there and hold a great shape.

If you can go to the states for a shopping trip and manage to find a A & F you will love it. SOOOO much cheaper than Canada haha. I got two Tees, a longsleeve smart tee and a polo for.. $60!! (sale prices.. but theres always sales :P)
Please post a picture. I would love to see what those that are years ahead of Canadian fashion are wearing on a day to day basis
Old Jun 15th 2012, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

englishbird is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I'm intrigued, why do you need gravy to make French Onion soup?!? That's a new ingredient on me!

Don't think you can take anything with meat or meat juices/derivatives in btw, so do check as you might have to forget taking anything like gravy granules.
its made with gravy, cornflour, onions, black pepper and a lil dash of worcester sauce i have just checked on a link on another thread about what is let in etc and as long as its less than 2% animal fats etc its ok x
Old Jun 15th 2012, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

its made with gravy, cornflour, onions, black pepper and a lil dash of worcester sauce i have just checked on a link on another thread about what is let in etc and as long as its less than 2% animal fats etc its ok x
Wish I knew this, our removal company said we arent allowed any food (dry or not) at all !!!
Old Jun 15th 2012, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

http://airs-sari.inspection.gc.ca/Ai...ns.aspx?lang=1

this is the link i clicked on x
Old Jun 15th 2012, 3:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Never heard of putting gravy in it! I use my grandmother's recipe (she was French), and put fresh stock in, plus of course some booze too! Yum.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Never heard of putting gravy in it! I use my grandmother's recipe (she was French), and put fresh stock in, plus of course some booze too! Yum.
i think there is a few recipes floating around this 1 i got from a kids cookbook when i was 10 and done it the same ever since lol .... so no booze in mine just a large glass on the side
Old Jun 15th 2012, 5:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

i think there is a few recipes floating around this 1 i got from a kids cookbook when i was 10 and done it the same ever since lol .... so no booze in mine just a large glass on the side
No booze?!? That's not FOS then! The type of booze varies (I use dry sherry or white wine, but have seen recipes with all sorts in), but have never heard of a tee total version with gravy.

Next you'll be telling me you don't put toasted gruyere baguette on top.

This is making me hungry.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 5:23 pm
Get me out of here ...

jeannie in a bottle has a reputation beyond reputejeannie in a bottle has a reputation beyond reputejeannie in a bottle has a reputation beyond reputejeannie in a bottle has a reputation beyond reputejeannie in a bottle has a reputation beyond reputejeannie in a bottle has a reputation beyond reputejeannie in a bottle has a reputation beyond reputejeannie in a bottle has a reputation beyond reputejeannie in a bottle has a reputation beyond reputejeannie in a bottle has a reputation beyond reputejeannie in a bottle has a reputation beyond repute

Today:

John Lewis
M&S House of Fraser
Wallis [again]
Waitrose
Office
Dotty P
Lakeland

Fantastic day .... and it's also my birthday

Oohhh .... and yesterday I had fish & chips which were the BEST I had ever tasted

Will keep an eye out for all your requests no worries
Old Jun 15th 2012, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeannie in a bottle
Today:

John Lewis
M&S House of Fraser
Wallis [again]
Waitrose
Office
Dotty P
Lakeland

Fantastic day .... and it's also my birthday

Oohhh .... and yesterday I had fish & chips which were the BEST I had ever tasted

Will keep an eye out for all your requests no worries

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Old Jun 15th 2012, 8:55 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

What is a Tunnock? I've never heard of them....what am I missing? Please tell. I do so miss crumpets, can you get crumpets in Canada?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.