Hubby's getting cold feet

Hubby's getting cold feet

Old Jun 8th 2007, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

shadowplay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hubby's getting cold feet

Batfink ; The official site for the DVD mentioned is located at :

http://www.overcanada.com/oc-120-gif...oc121-dvd.html

Keep hubby's interest going though. The thing that never fails as a curiousity are the live webcam links based around the world, especially Canada. There is probably not a shop, building or tourist attraction who cannot resist putting cam's around them and making themselves famous. Images are refreshed every minute or two and include live images of niagara falls, bald eagles in Alberta, even a cam based in somebody's fridge ( I kid you not!) and not least the CN tower . Fascinating stuff and mountains of lists to choose from

And if you are still looking at ways to pass the time, learn some knowledge while having fun at www.funtrivia.com/quizzes and plenty about Canada to keep you amused.

You could literally start a thread on this one subject alone, but hang in there and you will be rewarded. hAve fun tonight!
Old Jun 8th 2007, 12:46 pm

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shadowplay
Batfink ; The official site for the DVD mentioned is located at :

http://www.overcanada.com/oc-120-gif...oc121-dvd.html

Keep hubby's interest going though. The thing that never fails as a curiousity are the live webcam links based around the world, especially Canada. There is probably not a shop, building or tourist attraction who cannot resist putting cam's around them and making themselves famous. Images are refreshed every minute or two and include live images of niagara falls, bald eagles in Alberta, even a cam based in somebody's fridge ( I kid you not!) and not least the CN tower . Fascinating stuff and mountains of lists to choose from

And if you are still looking at ways to pass the time, learn some knowledge while having fun at www.funtrivia.com/quizzes and plenty about Canada to keep you amused.

You could literally start a thread on this one subject alone, but hang in there and you will be rewarded. hAve fun tonight!
Just a quick note to say thanks for the dvd idea will order it to give us some inspiration before our initial trip
my Oh is always saying are we sure about this? but for me I've got to give it a go, live life! or in 20 years time sat on the same setee in the same house I'll wonder what would have been and regret the steps I never took.
Best of luck Batfink
Terese
Old Jun 8th 2007, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Batfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really nice

We do look at the webcams regularly (at least i do and he did!!!). It seems that the novelty with even that has worn off. I love watching the people go about their daily business not aware that they are being watched. I saw a man fixing the fountain outside Fredericton City Hall the other day - highlight of my day i can tell you!!! When i get over there i'm going to stand infront of the webcam and wave like mad to all my friends back here in blighty!!! Let's see how long it takes me to get arrested!!!

Looking forward to my DVD arriving and thanks for the quiz links - blimey i'll soon be the most intelligent person i know!!! Or full of useless information - we'll see
Old Jun 8th 2007, 4:01 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottandsara
Just remind him of the famous Wayne Gretzky quote "You miss 100% of the shots you never take. "

That should get him thinking

Scott
Yup. Thinking that this country is populated by idiots.

Dear Mr. Batfink,

Wayne Gretsky is an idiot. We're not all like that.

Regards,

Novo.
Old Jun 8th 2007, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

shadowplay is an unknown quantity at this point

I think we need to just quietly mention to Mr Batfink that Saturday Afternoon premiership games are shown live in Canada. An added bonus me thinks and the only reason I emigrated. Cough. I hope her indoors is not reading this article
Old Jun 8th 2007, 4:41 pm
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

want some company for a OH is not on nights but who the hell cares you sing and Ill dance cha cha cha
Old Jun 8th 2007, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Batfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really nice

Woo hoo Kates Cha Cha Cha-ing Kate - i'll sing anything you want me too
Am half way thru a six pack and enjoying myself. Once again, woo hoo
Old Jun 8th 2007, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

Oh yeah i meant to mention that Mr Batfink is a rugby man - being Welsh n'all!!! Personally I couldn't give a crap about any sport - except shopping - which really should be made a sport!!!! I'd have a gold medal by now!!

Sorry if i've offended any sports men/persons out there..........!
Old Jun 8th 2007, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

PS: I'm thick - i don't know who Wayne Gretsky is.....!
Old Jun 8th 2007, 7:48 pm
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

Im catching up vodka is hitting the spot Im dancing Im dancin god help the neighbours tonight ooops they started before me Im jiggin rooooon the hooosesee what trying to get to canada does fur ya and sodden hubby farts around you end up crazy like me and weeeeedas a fart
Old Jun 8th 2007, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Kate, i didn't understand a word of what you just said - but i'm sooooo glad i'm not drinking alone!!!!! Maybe i should start on the vodka - seems i need to catch up

PS: i'm still waiting for the cha cha..........
Old Jun 8th 2007, 8:02 pm
I'll have a double double

dozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Batfink
Hi

We have been in this process for about 2 years now and are awaiting either a refusal or med requests. My problem is that now my husband is gettting cold feet about the whole thing. I suppose it's only natural seeing as emmigrating is now becoming more of a reality and i guess that he is feeling the weight of responsibility, but how do i get him to regain some of the hope and excitement that he had before? He tells me that he still fully intends to go to canada should we have the opportunity but now all he sees is what we would be giving up and how all the money that we have saved could be spent on extending our house etc. I want to take some of the worry away - he worries about far too much anyway - he's a worry wart!!!

H E L P

Well, if extending your house will add value, I'd say to do and do it quick..but speak to real estate agent first to get an idea of how much your house would be worth.

rgds,

John
Old Jun 8th 2007, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Hi John,

Can't afford to do both unfortunately - which is half mu hubby's problem!! It's one or the other
Old Jun 8th 2007, 8:19 pm
Lloydminster AB

Jiggin is Im doing the mad dance-rooooon is round-hooose is houseIll make you understand the scottish jargin yit-yet Now you understandor do you want some more lessonsbloody vodka is getting better
Old Jun 8th 2007, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

The more i drink - the more i understand you (sorry yeeeeeeeee - or is that irish - sorry, you'll have to bear with me!!!) Bloody beer, bloody fantastic.

PS: Have just Im'd a complete stranger in Canada to ask her what she thought of life in, yup, you guessed it, Canada. I think she thought i was mad!"!!! Ah well - another beer anyone?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.