Hrdc

Old Jul 30th 2003, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

ljevans is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Hrdc

Hi there,
Does any Brits or anyone else for that matter who have had any dealings with the Human Resources Dept Canada, know if they will validate part time job offers, I am newly married to a Canadian citizen who is going to sponsor me - however, in order to do this we need to fund the sponsorship process, hence the need to work before I have to return to U.K. due to lack of funds and expiry of visitor status...
Old Aug 2nd 2003, 12:08 am
BE Enthusiast

wizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud of

Two different problems here.

The first problem is that it is not you that deals with HRDC, it is the company you wish to work for. They have to go through the proceedure to validate a job before you can apply for the work permit. So they would have to prove there were no suitabel Canadians applying and it had been advertised properly etc. Not sure if they would validate a part time job but they could maybe offer you it fulltime and then decide to reduce yoru hours or something.

The second problem is that even with that HRDC validation you can't really apply for the work permit from within Canada. You need to leave and then apply for it from CHC London and then use that work permit to enter Canada and be given the work permit status etc. It only takes a few weeks to egt the permit so you could just schedule a trip back to the UK for a couple of weeks while you applied for it and use that time to tie up loose ends in the UK etc before moving back to Canada.

Hard part is getting the validation in the first place. Might be cheaper and quicker to just come back to the UK and apply from outside. Hard I know because I did it myself but the new rules, especially the recent rule allowing outside spousal applicants to do the medicals upfront means it is a lot quicker than when i did it and you could have your PR visa in 4-6 months and be back in Canada as a PR and work right away etc.