Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

How old were you when you moved to Canada?

How old were you when you moved to Canada?

Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:00 am
agr
Occidentally Damaged

agr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: How old were you when you moved to Canada?

Both 40 on landing. That's when life begins isn't it?
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emmjay
Still in waiting process, but I am 35 at the end of this month (June) so if i wait for skilled worker route, been on this nearly a year so far, I will be approx 38 or 39 depending on timescale (currently 3-4 more years via this route) . If i can find a quicker way in, looking at CI route via NSPNP, I may be younger? so i could be anywhere between 36 - 39 depending on when visa comes through!!!

Sorry rambling yet again!!!

Emmjay
I will be 38... its funny most people seem to be around that age, I thought I was older than most! I suppose the only difference is Im single with no kids, and still hope to do something about that!

Are moving out on your own Emmjay?

Last edited by Paul_Shepherd; Jun 3rd 2008 at 12:42 pm.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adele
I will be going it alone too hun, don't worry - we can do it!!!

All the best
Well thats at least two I know of now!

Im another!
Old Jun 7th 2008, 8:37 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Emmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud of

Forgot to mention I am doing this alone too and it is very scary. I am still single and am okay with that, but making decisions like this makes me feel like i am back being 14 again....Haaaaa

Emmjay
Old Jun 8th 2008, 2:27 am
Ontario

Sutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to behold

Mum 34
Dad 40
child 1 =14
child 2 = 10
Old Jun 8th 2008, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

Neyju is an unknown quantity at this point

33 8/12
Old Jun 8th 2008, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

achak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stokesey
Just interested at what age you were when you moved to Canada?

To start the ball rolling we are 36 & 37 with 2 boys aged 11 & 7, hope to be in Canada within the next 6 - 12 months.
Hi,

I was 33, husband was 38. 3 children aged 12, 8 and 5 months when we moved last december.
Old Jun 8th 2008, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Forgot to mention I am doing this alone too and it is very scary. I am still single and am okay with that, but making decisions like this makes me feel like i am back being 14 again....Haaaaa

Emmjay
I know what your saying there Emmjay.....its quite scary as if you have wobble or two, there is no one to say everything is ok, your doing the rigfht thing - sort of thing! deep down tho - like me I think you know that you are!

But yeah 14! I remember that....no concerns, worries, just weather you had done your maths homework on time!

You have my support for your move Emmjay...and hope you find a quicker way!

Where in Canada do you plan to head?

Paul
Old Jun 9th 2008, 3:38 am
Always lurking.

gingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by danfolkestone
Landing in August - I'm 28 & OH will be 27. She's Canadian though and has only been out of Canada for 4 years, so doesn't really count!
Wow, we girls must be special if your willing to come here for us.
Old Jun 9th 2008, 7:38 am
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

me and hubby both 36 kids are 9 and 11 - not quite there yet but planning to land before we both turn 37 in Oct / Nov
Old Jun 13th 2008, 11:34 am
Yorkshire Lass

Emmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud of

Hi Paul -Sutherland. I am heading for Nova Scotia. Going out there again in September for research (reccie) trip. I have been there on tours several times and love it. Beautiful place and nice friendly people.

Still having a few wobbles though. Have just been advised that if i want to sell my house in current market conditions, i will need to drop price by £4000 and still might not sell at that price. As my house is not very big or expensive, considering prices, i felt like this was a big drop, but i know that if i want to get to Canada with at least some money, then i need to do this. Although i now know i will not be able to live morrtgage free in Nova Scotia, which would have been nice, hey ho.. cannot have everything i guess.

Where are you headed and why Canada?

Emmjay
Old Jun 13th 2008, 11:41 am
Yorkshire Lass

Sorry last thread meant to Paul Shepherd not Sutherland, got confused with threads.

Emmjay
Old Jun 16th 2008, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Paul -Sutherland. I am heading for Nova Scotia. Going out there again in September for research (reccie) trip. I have been there on tours several times and love it. Beautiful place and nice friendly people.

Still having a few wobbles though. Have just been advised that if i want to sell my house in current market conditions, i will need to drop price by £4000 and still might not sell at that price. As my house is not very big or expensive, considering prices, i felt like this was a big drop, but i know that if i want to get to Canada with at least some money, then i need to do this. Although i now know i will not be able to live morrtgage free in Nova Scotia, which would have been nice, hey ho.. cannot have everything i guess.

Emmjay
Hello Emmjay

Ive heard so much about Nova Scotia - sounds beautiful! lots of people are heading there on this site, will have to get around to a visit there.

Im heading for Ontario, about an hours drive north of Toronto - a place called Alliston, luckily for me I have a friend who emigrated over there 3 years ago, so he has said I can stop wiht him until I get myself settled.

Dont worry about getting the wobbles - I get them too, but I push through them knowing that if I don't go through with this dream - the regret would be far worse! Ive held it for a long time now, so its time to give it a go.

As for the house thing - Im exactly there with you, talk about bad timing! things were fine a year ago! however you have at least a couple of years before your move yet, personaly I hope things may start to straighten out a bit by then, hold on and ride this property storm! In the meantime - Im more biased towards letting my house when I move (probably early 2009) and waiting for the property market to settle (I hope) also the diabolical exchange rate - due to the weak pound, its a double whammy of bad timing - hence reluctance to sell yet and lose a lot of unrecoverable capital, after all the big advatage of moving out to Canada was the great start you would have with your property capital, small or no mortgage = more disposable income!

What started you off with your dream for Canada? What does your family think about you moving over there? Are they supportive?

Sorry gone off the thread a bit - but its all connected in a round about way!

Paul
Old Jun 16th 2008, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Emmjay
Hello Emmjay

Ive heard so much about Nova Scotia - sounds beautiful! lots of people are heading there on this site, will have to get around to a visit there.

Im heading for Ontario, about an hours drive north of Toronto - a place called Alliston, luckily for me I have a friend who emigrated over there 3 years ago, so he has said I can stop wiht him until I get myself settled.

Dont worry about getting the wobbles - I get them too, but I push through them knowing that if I don't go through with this dream - the regret would be far worse! Ive held it for a long time now, so its time to give it a go.

As for the house thing - Im exactly there with you, talk about bad timing! things were fine a year ago! however you have at least a couple of years before your move yet, personaly I hope things may start to straighten out a bit by then, hold on and ride this property storm! In the meantime - Im more biased towards letting my house when I move (probably early 2009) and waiting for the property market to settle (I hope) also the diabolical exchange rate - due to the weak pound, its a double whammy of bad timing - hence reluctance to sell yet and lose a lot of unrecoverable capital, after all the big advatage of moving out to Canada was the great start you would have with your property capital, small or no mortgage = more disposable income!

What started you off with your dream for Canada? What does your family think about you moving over there? Are they supportive?

Sorry gone off the thread a bit - but its all connected in a round about way!

Paul
Old Jun 18th 2008, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

imajoseph has a spectacular aura aboutimajoseph has a spectacular aura aboutimajoseph has a spectacular aura about

I was a single 25 yr old lad from Bolton, Lancs

I didnt even know where Toronto was until 2 months before moving, scary times but never regretted a single minute !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.