Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

How old were you when you moved to Canada?

How old were you when you moved to Canada?

Old Jun 19th 2008, 5:27 pm
JLT
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sutton Coldfield UK until I return to Toronto 2009 or earlier!!
JLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant future
Default Re: How old were you when you moved to Canada?

;
Originally Posted by stokesey
Just interested at what age you were when you moved to Canada?

To start the ball rolling we are 36 & 37 with 2 boys aged 11 & 7, hope to be in Canada within the next 6 - 12 months.
Applied at 35 in 1995 arrived following year aged 36 and hubby 37, Darren 13, Robert 9, Charlotte 4 - time flies
Old Jun 19th 2008, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

alex-novascotia is an unknown quantity at this point

i was 17! came here for uni and never left
Old Jun 19th 2008, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

alex-novascotia is an unknown quantity at this point

forgot to mention, i was the only one from my family that came over. The rest are still to this day back in the UK!
Old Jun 25th 2008, 2:30 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Emmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud of

I know what your saying there Emmjay.....its quite scary as if you have wobble or two, there is no one to say everything is ok, your doing the rigfht thing - sort of thing! deep down tho - like me I think you know that you are!

But yeah 14! I remember that....no concerns, worries, just weather you had done your maths homework on time!

You have my support for your move Emmjay...and hope you find a quicker way!

Where in Canada do you plan to head?

Paul

Hi Paul

Started thinking of emigrating about ten years ago. Went for first visit there (coach tour to maritimes) about five years ago and just fell in love with Nova Scotia. However never thought i would be able to emigrate but started looking into it about that time. Plans got put on back burner though due to personal reasons, until two years ago when my reasons fell apart and I did another coach tour to Nova Scotia/Newfoundland in 2006 and just realised how much i loved it and started to seriously look into emigrating again.

This time nothing is going to stop me. I will not let any doubts and wobbles i have get to me, i am too stubborn to give up now. I feel like I have put my life on hold for too long and my family are behind me 100%, which is great. I suppose I have nagged them to death about NS so much that they are sick and tired of hearing about it and just want me to leave so they can get some peace!! LOL

Hope this explains, probably information overload but hey who else can i witter to about Canada

Emmjay

Em
Old Jun 25th 2008, 3:23 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute