Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

How much are you taking for your BUNAC trip?

How much are you taking for your BUNAC trip?

Old Feb 21st 2008, 3:01 pm
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much are you taking for your BUNAC trip?

I landed in October 2006 wuth $2500 to my name.

I was fortunate enough to be able to couch surf until I found my feet though.

Old Feb 21st 2008, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

dannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by windward
Ha! I didn't know it was even possible - visions of mounties ala due south hunting me down and dragging me from my bed in the dawn light. Did that not cause you some problems re: leaving/returning to the country?

I'm curious too how long BUNAC take to process the work authorisation itself. I've arranged my flight for 16th April, but have yet to send off all my documents etc. The site says 7 working days but that can't be right can it?!
Has anyone got a timetable from submission of all that junk to recieving the authorisation?
I got scared and handed myself in! I had no problem working even with a temporary SIN number.

When i applied for PR I was just honest about the whole thing, and I included a letter explaining why I overstayed (for a girl)... my PR went through in under 6 months and I weasnt even interveiwed. It was EASY!!!

I wouldnt recommened overstaying though, there are loads of ways to do it properly, but for a loved up 18 year old I just thought bugger it im staying here!
Old Feb 21st 2008, 3:51 pm
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dannyg1001
I got scared and handed myself in! I had no problem working even with a temporary SIN number.

When i applied for PR I was just honest about the whole thing, and I included a letter explaining why I overstayed (for a girl)... my PR went through in under 6 months and I weasnt even interveiwed. It was EASY!!!

I wouldnt recommened overstaying though, there are loads of ways to do it properly, but for a loved up 18 year old I just thought bugger it im staying here!
Nice story.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 10:50 pm
Just Joined

Kenworth is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I plan to go Jan 2009, this is my planned date but that may change depending on the money situation, i was wondering if you go with a Bunac group flight and stay for the Orentation, what do they accutaly teach/tell you? can u obtain ure social security number without there help or is it recomended?

Ps i did not mean to hijack this thread...sorrylol
Old Feb 21st 2008, 11:22 pm
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kenworth
Hi

I plan to go Jan 2009, this is my planned date but that may change depending on the money situation, i was wondering if you go with a Bunac group flight and stay for the Orentation, what do they accutaly teach/tell you? can u obtain ure social security number without there help or is it recomended?

Ps i did not mean to hijack this thread...sorrylol
Opinion and experience has it that you can get your SIN/social security no. by yourself, and BUNAC don't seem to do any 'fast tracking' at all.