Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

how I am getting on is..

how I am getting on is..

Old Jan 31st 2009, 6:54 pm
Banned

blackcomb1 is a jewel in the roughblackcomb1 is a jewel in the roughblackcomb1 is a jewel in the roughblackcomb1 is a jewel in the roughblackcomb1 is a jewel in the rough
Default how I am getting on is..

Well my latest news is.. I am having a baby

I show the shocked face as I preferred to be married first, and to cut a long story short, it was via my ex back in the UK who turns out was non-monogomous and still lies, his life belongs in the UK, mine here in Canada.
I finally realized we are not compatible and made it clear, based on the above facts, and a week later he agreed. I returned to Canada and found out I was 7 weeks pregnant.

I initially panicked, and felt abort was the only option. However, the support and response of all my friends has been amazing over here and via my friends back home who all know my situation, and hoped I would continue and have the baby. Well since then I decided I am. I did the right thing early on and informed him, but got a pretty nasty response to be honest. I am over that now however, I just expect him to at least maintain contact with the child so the child does not suffer, and I put the child first and would like to think he will too. I know it is always better for a child to have both parents there, but it is not always when the parents are not the ideal couple, as long as the child has a positive life and upbringing and 2 happy parents - together or not, that is what is important I now believe.