Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

How did CHC let these in?

How did CHC let these in?

Old Jan 3rd 2007, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How did CHC let these in?

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Umm, I was joking
I know, so was I
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

getoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond repute

Seen many things in my time especially at work, had to install plastic windows at one of my Substations due to kids shooting at the windows nearly injuring a member of staff. Watched a kid throw a rock over a perimeter fence and smashed someones car windscreen, the list goes on. Seen a number of people commit suicide by either hanging themselves or jumping off of electricity pylons, sadly one just before Christmas.
What really p***** me off most is fly tipping. Went out on my mountain bike on Boxing day to get some fresh air in the country where I live and there was rubbish dumped all over the place.
I have recently been advising BC Hydro on security measures at one of their Substations where they have had a substantial amount of copper grounding stollen several times. They currently use chain link fencing but are now looking at installing their first electric fence - standard nowadays in the UK which is a sign of the times.
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

snowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dbd33
we are him and he is us.
No - "we" are NOT him and he is definitely NOT "us" - go wash your mouth out!
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 11:48 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowgoose
No - "we" are NOT him and he is definitely NOT "us" - go wash your mouth out!
He's British and emigrating to Canada. He seems to be exactly the type of person this board is intended to serve and may indeed be a poster here.
Old Jan 4th 2007, 12:17 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MarkG
Yes. But then we were brought up decently by decent parents who'd never have let us get away with breaking windows with rocks.
Yes, of course, you're right. Kids never ph*ck up, they never test authority, they never respond to peer pressure. I forget that children aren't human beings.
Old Jan 4th 2007, 12:24 am
C'est correck

Canada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud of

All children should know what's right and wrong and where those boundaries lie. This was a premeditated act and he shouldn't have done it. Period.
Old Jan 4th 2007, 12:27 am

Are there any other Canadians who have watched the related BBC clip? Would that have ever made the news in Canada? Would there ever be reactions of shock! horror! what is the world coming to? about a kid throwing a rock at a school window?

I'm surprised, but then not really, to see the BBC so histrionic.

Last edited by hot wasabi peas; Jan 4th 2007 at 12:38 am. Reason: Spelling error - I knew how to spell it but made a mistake! I am evil!
Old Jan 4th 2007, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by Canada2006
All children should know what's right and wrong and where those boundaries lie. This was a premeditated act and he shouldn't have done it. Period.
So, you never ph*cked up? Never, never, never?

You never questioned authority? You never had a rebellious moment in your life? Never protested anything you thought was wrong? Never did anything because you were egged-on by others? Never did something 'bad' in order to right a wrong? Never did anything stupid just for the hell of it or because it was fun?

I seriously doubt it unless you're the most boring person, or Borg-dork, on the planet.

Of course the kid shouldn't have done what he did... but children are human and human beings contain errors of judgement.

Last edited by hot wasabi peas; Jan 4th 2007 at 12:37 am.
Old Jan 4th 2007, 12:40 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
about a kid throwing a rock at a school window?
It'd be a bit pointless to throw rocks at the school windows here anyway; they have grills over them.
Old Jan 4th 2007, 12:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
It'd be a bit pointless to throw rocks at the school windows here anyway; they have grills over them.
LOL
Old Jan 4th 2007, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

So, you never ph*cked up? Never, never, never?

You never questioned authority? You never had a rebellious moment in your life? Never protested anything you thought was wrong? Never did anything because you were egged-on by others? Never did something 'bad' in order to right a wrong? Never did anything stupid just for the hell of it or because it was fun?

I seriously doubt it unless you're the most boring person, or Borg-dork, on the planet.

Of course the kid shouldn't have done what he did... but children are human and human beings contain errors of judgement.
What we dont know from this clip is if its typical behaviour for the boy or just a one off, egged on by his mates, demob happy. So its hard to judge.

When we were living in the UK we had the boy next door who kicked his football at the door glass, accidentally it was a bad shot. He ran home but a few minutes later was back at the door apologising. He was in the minority though as the other locals kids threw several items at the houses in 'malice', 'sport', 'dont give a f***', causing several hundreed ££ damage. This was all premeditated, and pretty scary to be sitting watching tv when a bottle comes crashing though the window. How do we know which 'type' this boy was?

As for the BBC showing it, i think it reflects how many in England feel about the behaviour of kids and the increase in yobby behaviour generally. It is a bit Daily Mail/ Telegraph readerish but there are more of them than Guardianistas.
Old Jan 4th 2007, 1:01 am
Forum Regular

snowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to all

Are there any other Canadians who have watched the related BBC clip? Would that have ever made the news in Canada? Would there ever be reactions of shock! horror! what is the world coming to? about a kid throwing a rock at a school window?

I'm surprised, but then not really, to see the BBC so histrionic.
I remember reading a story in our local newspaper when I came here just over 3 years ago - a guy had found a long scratch on his car, reported it to the police who said they were investigating, would find the culprit and bring him to justice. The fact that the incident was not only reported to the police, but was also reported in the newspaper had me and my OH slack-jawed in disbelief! Pppfff - it's an everyday - no, every minute - occurence where we used to live in the UK. Is this a touch of Canadian histrionics, d'you think?
Old Jan 4th 2007, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by batty-x-ray
.......the other locals kids threw several items at the houses in 'malice', 'sport', 'dont give a f***', causing several hundreed ££ damage. This was all premeditated, and pretty scary to be sitting watching tv when a bottle comes crashing though the window. How do we know which 'type' this boy was?

As for the BBC showing it, i think it reflects how many in England feel about the behaviour of kids and the increase in yobby behaviour generally. It is a bit Daily Mail/ Telegraph readerish but there are more of them than Guardianistas.
You must have lived on my street! This was exactly why we left the UK!
Old Jan 4th 2007, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by batty-x-ray
How do we know which 'type' this boy was?
I have no idea and neither do the other posters on this thread yet somehow he's been labelled as 'riff-raff', 'an immigrant' (which I'm assuming is suppose to be a bad thing, considering the source), an "it-thing-creature" and presummed to have un-decent parenting. Seems a bit odd to me... the automatic negative presumptions and reactions found within this thread.
Old Jan 4th 2007, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

I have no idea and neither do the other posters on this thread yet somehow he's been labelled as 'riff-raff', 'an immigrant' (which I'm assuming is suppose to be a bad thing, considering the source), an "it-thing-creature" and presummed to have un-decent parenting. Seems a bit odd to me... the automatic negative presumptions and reactions found within this thread.
Yeh, maybe it wasn't a rock at all - he was handing in his last piece of homework!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.