Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Houses in Canada

Houses in Canada

Old Dec 31st 2010, 7:53 pm

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Houses in Canada

Edmonton actually looks nice in that pic!
Old Dec 31st 2010, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Thats right my call everywhere I have lived in the UK so far, I have not liked whether Countryside or City .
Hope you have more Luck in Canada then!
Old Dec 31st 2010, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by snowshoveller
I think its a universal problem - money grabbing property developers!!

oh by the way dont forget property tax (council tax equivalent) it can be very high sometimes, and very variable. In 'the peg, a typical 4 bed @ 2000sq ft could attract $4000 in a nice street, and then half a mile away on the same street (better end) a similar place of about the same size could be as much as $10000 per year.
as much as re values are high here, taxes incomparison are low when compared to a lot of the nation. In North Van a million dollar property would be around 3000 dollars a year.

On our bed condo in kits we were only paying around 120 bucks a month.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 7:58 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Hope you have more Luck in Canada then!
Thanks I do hope so, although the U.S border is not far if not lol
Old Dec 31st 2010, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dboy
as much as re values are high here, taxes incomparison are low when compared to a lot of the nation. In North Van a million dollar property would be around 3000 dollars a year.

Thats interesting, the tax burden in MB is generally fairly high
Old Dec 31st 2010, 8:03 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Van prices are a killer and the property tax - whoa!!
Old Dec 31st 2010, 8:04 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by dboy

On the topic of costs, how much do Gas (Gasolene) prices vary accros Canada.
We are at £1.30 per ltr at the moment in somerset and thats before vat goes up which I think its tonight.
Gas in Tampa was $2.59 around june 2010 when we were there.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks I do hope so, although the U.S border is not far if not lol
Well its a big place something should suit!
Old Dec 31st 2010, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

ctraveler is a name known to allctraveler is a name known to allctraveler is a name known to allctraveler is a name known to allctraveler is a name known to allctraveler is a name known to allctraveler is a name known to allctraveler is a name known to allctraveler is a name known to allctraveler is a name known to allctraveler is a name known to all

I can think of far less attractive cities in the UK. Edmonton actually has some very interesting and cutting edge architecture. The river valley and parks are beautiful. When the Northern lights brighten up the sky in the white of winter it is amazing.
Houses in Canada-edmonton-art-gallery.jpg

Houses in Canada-fairmont-mcdonald.jpg

Houses in Canada-river-valley.jpg

Houses in Canada-fort-edmonton.jpg

Houses in Canada-whyte-ave.jpg
Old Dec 31st 2010, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

We are at £1.30 per ltr at the moment in somerset and thats before vat goes up which I think its tonight.
Try this: http://gasbuddy.com/

they sell gas by the litre in Canada, on account of the metric system - Although they do refer to a quarterpounder in McD's rather than the royale!!
Old Dec 31st 2010, 8:08 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

$1.18 at the pump in Van at the mo . . .
Old Dec 31st 2010, 8:18 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

Try this: http://gasbuddy.com/

they sell gas by the litre in Canada, on account of the metric system - Although they do refer to a quarterpounder in McD's rather than the royale!!
I have been looking at Fatburgers menu tonight! especially the 24oz XXXL
Old Dec 31st 2010, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Dunstable Diva is just really niceDunstable Diva is just really niceDunstable Diva is just really niceDunstable Diva is just really niceDunstable Diva is just really niceDunstable Diva is just really niceDunstable Diva is just really niceDunstable Diva is just really niceDunstable Diva is just really niceDunstable Diva is just really niceDunstable Diva is just really nice

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
$1.18 at the pump in Van at the mo . . .
Read your blog and yes need to update haha. Hows it going?
Old Dec 31st 2010, 8:57 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Thats right my call everywhere I have lived in the UK so far, I have not liked whether Countryside or City but others may like where we have lived! Its all down to personal preference. Edmonton City may not be nice but there are plenty of areas outside of the city to consider. Plus we can always move else where. I will know more when I have my recce this year although street level on Google earth is very helpfull and will also assist us.
True, but your nearest big city is Edmonton. Anything else is miles away.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 8:58 pm

BC has the highest, and Metro Vancouver has an extra carbon tax thing...so around 1.20 or so. Alberta is likely under a dollar.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.