ukoptom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hoping to Emmigrate to Alberta

Thanks Biiba.
Old May 12th 2008, 5:02 am
Just Joined

westcoaster will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Considering new immigration laws that will probably be coming into effect soon, they will be fast tracking skilled workers that are in demand. I do not know if that would include optometrists, to be honest I don't think so. It is best for you or your partner to job seek ahead of time and see if you can get some kind of job that either one of you would be suitable for and get sponsored. I do know that Alberta is seeking in the UK for workers and there are job expos that go there (workingin-canada.com is one place to register for a job fair coming up). Also check the government of Alberta directly on their websites and see if they have any suitable positions they can nominate you for. All in all it's going to take alot of research and by all means contact Immigration Canada and see what you can find out.

P.S. the jobs that B.C. and Alberta are usually recruiting directly for they often go to those job fairs I think. But for certain they are looking for different personnel to work in oil and gas, construction, and I think High Tech.
Be sure to let both the BC and Alberta governments know how many people are trying to emigrate from the UK right now, this may encourage them to hold more job fairs there. There is another site that may interest you -muchmor.com
Old May 12th 2008, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

ukoptom is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the link westcoaster, workingin- canada does list optometrist on the skills list. Skill level A, Major gp 31, no312.
Have booked marked page thanks.
Old May 12th 2008, 3:34 pm
Banned

ipevo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by westcoaster
Hi,

Considering new immigration laws that will probably be coming into effect soon, they will be fast tracking skilled workers that are in demand. I do not know if that would include optometrists, to be honest I don't think so. It is best for you or your partner to job seek ahead of time and see if you can get some kind of job that either one of you would be suitable for and get sponsored. I do know that Alberta is seeking in the UK for workers and there are job expos that go there (workingin-canada.com is one place to register for a job fair coming up). Also check the government of Alberta directly on their websites and see if they have any suitable positions they can nominate you for. All in all it's going to take alot of research and by all means contact Immigration Canada and see what you can find out.

P.S. the jobs that B.C. and Alberta are usually recruiting directly for they often go to those job fairs I think. But for certain they are looking for different personnel to work in oil and gas, construction, and I think High Tech.
Be sure to let both the BC and Alberta governments know how many people are trying to emigrate from the UK right now, this may encourage them to hold more job fairs there. There is another site that may interest you -muchmor.com
correction on the website - www.readmuchmor.com
Old May 16th 2008, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

westcoaster will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ukoptom
Thanks for the link westcoaster, workingin- canada does list optometrist on the skills list. Skill level A, Major gp 31, no312.
Have booked marked page thanks.
Glad to hear that, good luck. Everything I have heard-the best way is to get sponsored by an employer.