Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Home Theatre Systems - converting to PAL

Home Theatre Systems - converting to PAL

Old Dec 13th 2007, 12:42 am
BE Enthusiast

airbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Home Theatre Systems - converting to PAL

Originally Posted by smithjm
Going one further..
We move over in Feb and I will be buying a new LCD, DVD and Music System etc.
Can anyone recommend a good package that they have purchased.

I also want to bring a load of VHS tapes across for my young daughter. I know that there is an issue with PAL and NTSC tapes and the fact that the dual players cost a fortune, but wondered if anyone had any advice, ie: should we buy an all in one tv/video here and use a converter, or are there ways of getting a PAL VHS to play onto a Canadian system over there?

This area is not my speciality, so please be gentle!!

Jay
www.futureshop.ca is a good place to buy...

As for LCD go for 1080P...nothing less....
Old Dec 13th 2007, 12:58 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

The Home theatre Centre is a Sony Model

DAV-HDX 466

Have looked at loads of sites and can't find it - maybe someone will feel sorry for me and find it for me

Old Dec 13th 2007, 1:02 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by airbornesapper
As for LCD go for 1080P...nothing less....
I wouldn't worry about this bit. It's extremely unlikely you'll be able to tell the difference between 720p, 1080i and 1080p. Of course, if you're a fan of falling for marketing hype, then go right ahead...
Old Dec 13th 2007, 1:04 am
BE Enthusiast

airbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bazzz
I wouldn't worry about this bit. It's extremely unlikely you'll be able to tell the difference between 720p, 1080i and 1080p. Of course, if you're a fan of falling for marketing hype, then go right ahead...
You must be blind...
Old Dec 13th 2007, 1:13 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by airbornesapper
You must be blind...
Even my Mrs can see the difference between normal DVD and the Blue Ray through my PS3, Bond in Hi def is beautiful.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 2:38 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tangram
Even my Mrs can see the difference between normal DVD and the Blue Ray through my PS3, Bond in Hi def is beautiful.
That's not what I was comparing though.
Old Dec 27th 2007, 9:25 am
Just Joined

alyxsylvr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by smithjm
Going one further..
We move over in Feb and I will be buying a new LCD, DVD and Music System etc.
Can anyone recommend a good package that they have purchased.

I also want to bring a load of VHS tapes across for my young daughter. I know that there is an issue with PAL and NTSC tapes and the fact that the dual players cost a fortune, but wondered if anyone had any advice, ie: should we buy an all in one tv/video here and use a converter, or are there ways of getting a PAL VHS to play onto a Canadian system over there?

This area is not my speciality, so please be gentle!!

Jay
Buy a computer with a DVD burner and just download them all from bit torrent sites. If you already own copies and have technically paid the royalties you could probably commit this small act of piracy guilt free.