Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Holidays in Nova Scotia

Holidays in Nova Scotia

Old Feb 2nd 2010, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Strawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Holidays in Nova Scotia

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia
Remember that anyone can have a business in Canada, but you need a work permit or PR to work in it. I would recommend trying to get in through the CI route first and then buying a business or setting up a new business.
There is a WIKI about this that you should read
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Nova_S...ntified_Stream and if you do a search a number of people who have come through this route have posted and I am sure would give you info.
aaah right, I see. Thanks for that. I suppose I meant that if you were committed enough to buying or setting up a business in the area, it could possibly work in your favour? I shall have a look at the link.

Cheers
Old Feb 4th 2010, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

Tommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Not yet, although there's a very lively one opposite my hotel *scuttles off to look out of window at name of it* The Split Crow. But the big Union Jack flag above the door has put me off a bit!!
Split crow is normally rammed with students as there is another place across the court yard and further down thats cheap to drink in and they migrate along. I lived on Hollis Street and really liked heading round the corner to Henry House for a pint, Saturday nights sees local local musicians come along and play together by the fire. Good fun on the winter nights.

Sorry for hijacking the post
Old Feb 6th 2010, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

mcdavis is a jewel in the roughmcdavis is a jewel in the roughmcdavis is a jewel in the roughmcdavis is a jewel in the roughmcdavis is a jewel in the rough

When we were looking for places to stay in the Halifax area, the holiday season appeared to be July / August only, however some restaurants etc. advertise opening in June and a few remained open until the end of October.
If you have a business that is open all year round, it will probably be very popular!!
Old Feb 7th 2010, 2:52 am
BE Troll

Lord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcdavis
When we were looking for places to stay in the Halifax area, the holiday season appeared to be July / August only, however some restaurants etc. advertise opening in June and a few remained open until the end of October.
If you have a business that is open all year round, it will probably be very popular!!
Maybe in smaller towns or along the coast, but in Halifax the students are away in July and August and back for the rest of the year.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

Lemons has a brilliant futureLemons has a brilliant futureLemons has a brilliant futureLemons has a brilliant futureLemons has a brilliant futureLemons has a brilliant futureLemons has a brilliant future

The 'nice' weather can stretch way into late September in NS - I was still sunning on the beach then! A lot of locals say it is the nicest month of the year, although the evenings can get a bit cool.