Reload this Page >

High school equivalency test UK

High school equivalency test UK

Old Apr 10th 2019, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

tim.gorman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default High school equivalency test UK

Hi everyone,
I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction with regards to high school equivalency test.
My Wife left school and straight to work but didn't take any exams and has always worked.
We are emigrating to Canada next year but she needs a High School Equilancy.
I'm told that they can be completed online but that it would be cheaper in the UK.
I know that she would want to be taught, so is there anywhere in the UK.

Many thanks

Regards

Tim

Old Apr 10th 2019, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: High school equivalency test UK

By 'didn't take any exams' do you mean she doesn't even have any GCSEs never mind A levels? I'm thinking there might be night schools near you, but what might be suitable depends on what it is she wants (and how long she has - if you want to move in a year that wouldn't be time to do a full secondary curriculum). You might want to talk to the council about adult learning courses in your area (as if she doesn't want to do it online, anyone else suggesting options in Belfast or Lincoln would be useless if you're in Plymouth or Aberdeen). Is the high school equivalency for immigration points, or do you have all that sorted and she's just thinking about employability on arrival?
Old Apr 10th 2019, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Allie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond repute

Depending on where you live in Canada, the local school board may offer something that might help. Where I live (east of Toronto), the adults can take high school credit courses offered by the school board for free or for minimal cost towards their high school diploma. I'm not sure of the details, but it's worth investigating.
Old Apr 11th 2019, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Those courses are often offered by local community centres or community colleges.
Old Apr 11th 2019, 12:07 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tim.gorman
Hi everyone,
I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction with regards to high school equivalency test.
My Wife left school and straight to work but didn't take any exams and has always worked.
We are emigrating to Canada next year but she needs a High School Equilancy.
I'm told that they can be completed online but that it would be cheaper in the UK.
I know that she would want to be taught, so is there anywhere in the UK.

Many thanks

Regards

Tim
Search Google for "GED British Columbia" substitute BC for the province where you will be moving to and you will see lots of courses and books that she can buy or download. Use the next 12 months to study and take the test when you arrive. Load of old bollox if you ask me, at our age work experience is far more important than a high school diploma.