Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

High School in Calgary

High School in Calgary

Old Jun 22nd 2014, 9:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: High School in Calgary

Originally Posted by gimi8756
English is not my first language.
Help someone?
We realise that English isn't your first language, but if you want to move to Canada and attend high school you'll need to get it to a much better standard. 'Please' and 'thank you' would be good words to start with.
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 11:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

English is not my first language.
Help someone?
But we are helping. Have you even read that link I gave for the Calgary Board of Education? That link provides all the information on public schooling in Calgary and any fees associated.
Calgary Board of Education - Corporate Office - 1221 - 8 Street S.W., Calgary, Alberta, T2R 0L4
Calgary Public Junior High & High Schools | Live In Calgary

You need to do some research yourself those links will give you info.
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 11:25 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

So you are fed up with your parents and where you are living....well I think this is pretty much the way lots of young people feel...thank goodness, it means you will tackle life and make something of it...well done

You are in a much luckier situation than many of your friends, as you have the possibility of jumping ship and trying something else.

Why Calgary, do you or your parents know someone there? if so use them for information. Tell your parents, discuss it with them. If they know that you are going to go anyway, they will do their best to help you do it safely. Being young and adventurous is great, you have the energy and freedom from responsibilities...use it to your advantage. Being young and demanding and cross just gets people fed up. A little charm and good manners go a long way

Very best of luck!
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 11:36 am
Just Joined

gimi8756 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the comment.

Calgary is the place where I was born.
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 11:39 am
Just Joined

Former Lancastrian, Thanks for the links, I looked at them and I will look. but English is difficult for me :-(
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 11:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Former Lancastrian, Thanks for the links, I looked at them and I will look. but English is difficult for me :-(
Well if you can read this link for those who have language difficulties and going to school in Calgary
Calgary Board of Education - Programs
Old Jul 7th 2014, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

Hello everyone,

I will soon sign up to high school in Calgary and I wanted to ask a few questions ...

1. I play soccer 6 years. Is there a Calgary high schools good football team? some High School has a good team?

2. What the biggest high schools in Calgary? how many students learn there?

3. those who have high school kids, how do you pay per year?

4. When the registering to school closes?

Thank you!
Old Jul 7th 2014, 2:53 pm
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Photoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond repute

So let's get this straight...
  • You're a minor (under 18)
  • You want to come live, on your own, in one of the most expensive cities in Canada, where rent for a 1 bedroom apartment starts at $1100 a month
  • You're going to support yourself, in this very expensive city, with a part-time job at Tim Hortons
  • You don't have anywhere to live
  • You have a tenuous grasp of the English language, but want to enter grade 12 at high school
  • Ideally, you'd like to go to a $30,000 a year boarding school, and have the government pay for it

Does that just about sum up the situation?
Old Jul 7th 2014, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

"All the possible is done, all the impossible will be done"
Old Jul 7th 2014, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

I don't understand, so what if I have bad English?

There are thousands of immigrants with bad English immigrants to Canada every year and studying in high school, right?
Old Jul 7th 2014, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

I am 18
Old Jul 7th 2014, 4:41 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

There are thousands of immigrants with bad English immigrants to Canada every year and studying in high school, right?
If you had bothered to read ANY of the links given to you, you'd know that you need a certain level of English credits in order to graduate.

I don't know if you are a bored troll or a p*ssed off teenager but either way , this ain't happening.
Old Jul 7th 2014, 5:52 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Wow - your English improved overnight!

Impressed!