Reload this Page >

Hi from Glasgow

Hi from Glasgow

Old Mar 18th 2008, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

sandy64 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi from Glasgow

Hi Everyone,

My name's Sandra (43) and I am a secondary school Maths teacher. I have two sons Craig (25) a driving instructor and Steven (22) a football coach. We will be moving to the Vancouver area in August and can't wait it's been a long time coming. This site looks amazing and hope to find out lots of info.

Cheers

From a wee Scots Lass
Old Mar 18th 2008, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

fozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Hi from Glasgow

Welcome Sandy,

This is a great site, I have only just started using the site also, other members are so helpful they will try to help if they can.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

DOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant future

Welcome to the madhouse.....

Don't forget to lose the 's' when talking about Math..... and your son will have to get used to calling it "soccer"

Cheers

Dobbie
Old Mar 19th 2008, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

jennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nice

Hello Sandy!

We're in Glasgow too - hoping to move in August as well... just waiting on everything to get approved! If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask. I'm sponsoring my husband and we're planning on moving to Ontario - but I lused to ived in Vancouver for a couple of years as well.

Your sons are going to LOVE it there!!!

Jen
Old Mar 19th 2008, 6:39 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Hello - fab site here -v useful and we are hoping to be in Vancouver in the summer !!
Old Mar 19th 2008, 7:20 pm
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Sandra

Welcome to the site, did you go family class or did you apply before your oldest son was 22?

Danny
Old Mar 20th 2008, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

BRITSBC is on a distinguished road
Post Re: Hi from Glasgow

Originally Posted by sandy64
Hi Everyone,

My name's Sandra (43) and I am a secondary school Maths teacher. I have two sons Craig (25) a driving instructor and Steven (22) a football coach. We will be moving to the Vancouver area in August and can't wait it's been a long time coming. This site looks amazing and hope to find out lots of info.

Cheers

From a wee Scots Lass
Welcome Sandra. This is a great site a real help to newcomers. You and your boys will love Vancouver - we have lots of Scots here! Good Luck!
Old Mar 20th 2008, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sandra

Extending an advance welcome to BC!

Oggy
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jennybroon
Hello Sandy!

We're in Glasgow too - hoping to move in August as well... just waiting on everything to get approved! If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask. I'm sponsoring my husband and we're planning on moving to Ontario - but I lused to ived in Vancouver for a couple of years as well.

Your sons are going to LOVE it there!!!

Jen
Hi Jen,

I've got relatives in Coquitlam and Chilliwack really can't wait to see them again. Been to Vancouver 3 times over the past 10 years don't want to live anywhere else in the world.

Roll on August

Sandra
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:35 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mclauchlan35
Hi Sandra

Welcome to the site, did you go family class or did you apply before your oldest son was 22?

Danny
Hi Danny,

Great site huh! Everyone's so helpful.

I applied after my oldest son turned 22. He was accepted as my dependent since he was my mother's full time carer. She lived with us you see and was extremely disabled. It didn't fit any of the categories for dependents but I took a chance anyway. If that hadn't worked I would have sponsored him through the family class once we arrived.

If you have a similar dilema I hope this helps .

Sandra

Last edited by sandy64; Mar 24th 2008 at 7:39 am.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 1:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

If that hadn't worked I would have sponsored him through the family class once we arrived.
You wouldn't have been able to, surely? It's for dependent children.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 12:21 am
Just Joined

Location: Just outside Chilliwack area in Rosedale. BC (in the country)
Lesley2339 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jen,

I've got relatives in Coquitlam and Chilliwack really can't wait to see them again. Been to Vancouver 3 times over the past 10 years don't want to live anywhere else in the world.

Roll on August

Sandra
Hi Sandra,
Hi from Lesley, I live in Chilliwack, come from Clydebank. Where abouts in Glasgow are you from? Look forward to meeting you. We have a Brit Expat meeting once a month for all new and semi-new to Canada. Help you find jobs and the local resources. It's all free... we meet second Friday of the month at Decades Coffee Shop. Ron the owner is giving us vouchers to give away. Keep in touch. Good Luck with the move...
Old Apr 1st 2008, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lesley2339
Hi Sandra,
Hi from Lesley, I live in Chilliwack, come from Clydebank. Where abouts in Glasgow are you from? Look forward to meeting you. We have a Brit Expat meeting once a month for all new and semi-new to Canada. Help you find jobs and the local resources. It's all free... we meet second Friday of the month at Decades Coffee Shop. Ron the owner is giving us vouchers to give away. Keep in touch. Good Luck with the move...
Hi Leslie,
I'm from Knightswood in Glasgow, good to know there will be some friendly faces waiting to meet and greet us. Can't wait to get there now.
Sandra

Last edited by sandy64; Apr 1st 2008 at 2:13 pm. Reason: add new info
Old Apr 1st 2008, 5:37 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome