Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Hi from Colchester

Hi from Colchester

Old Apr 4th 2008, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Big Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud of
Default Hi from Colchester

I just wanted to hello to everybody and say I think this post could be our first step on a possible move to Canada. This forum is a great wealth of info and I have spent the last week trawling the site and reading some great posts.

My wife and I have been thinking of moving abroad for a couple of years now and as the kids are getting older (12 and 8 years) I'm concerned that their education might be effected if we don't make our mind up soon. It's a big decision for anyone but harder I think when kids are involved.

I am a mac-operator with 18 years experience in the print trade. My wife is a Health Care Assistant for a local doctor's practice having worked in hospital wards for 2 years.

At the moment we are in the process of finding out as much info as possible and will be going to the Canada Expo in London in June to find out more about what opportunities are available in Canada.

Basically I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to you all.
Hope to speak to you all soon.
All the best
Steve
Old Apr 4th 2008, 1:49 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi from Colchester

Hello steve and welcome the the site, they are a friendly bunch in here.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

NovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really nice

Hi Steve and welcome to the nut house.

You'll find plenty of useful info on the site.

Good luck with your future plans.

Old Apr 4th 2008, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Steve,

Good luck. I know these decisions are difficult when kids are involved and, yes, it does get harder as they get older but I think change is good for kids and I'm sure they benefit from these experiences. Hope it all works out for you and welcome to the forum.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 3:05 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Hi steve welcome to BE
Old Apr 4th 2008, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Arty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Steve ,
be prepared for the ups and downs ,but hopefully worth it in the end
Arty & Co
Old Apr 4th 2008, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Big Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud of

Thanks all for your replies, it's great to here from others regarding moving to Canada. I find myself looking through the posts on this site any spare moment I get. I think my brain is mashed!!!
Can anyone tell me if hospitals employ Health Care Assistants in Canada?
I guess our next step is to find out if we will qualify for a work permit through our jobs. Fingers crossed!!!
Thanks again all for making me feel welcome.
Steve
Old Apr 5th 2008, 3:09 am

LorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Steve
We too are in Colchester. Applied for SW July 2006 so we are playing the waiting game. We are also headed for the Expo in June, will try anything to speed up the move. We have three kids, aged 15, 12 and 3. 15 year old about to leave school here so we are anxious to move and get him settled ASAP.

Welcome to BE, you will find it very informative I am sure and it is a comfort (sometimes!) to know that others are in the same boat.
Best wishes,
Lorraine G.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

BRITSBC is on a distinguished road

Welcome to this great site you will find all you need to know on here! We came to Vancouver in 1980 with two small school age children and they took to the Canadian way of life like ducks to water - it was much harder for us adults - kids are very resilient and it's the best move we could have ever made. I have clients who moved from Cheshire a couple of years ago with their three young boys and those boys absolutely love it here - they have so many activities, especially sports wise that it's hard to keep up with them. I'm wishing you only good thoughts and good luck.

Margaret
Old Apr 5th 2008, 4:55 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Hi - welcome - tis a v useful site
Old Apr 5th 2008, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

maddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome, this site is a great source of information. Good luck and best wishes!
Old Apr 5th 2008, 10:53 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Steve,
Welcome to BE...
Charlie
Old Apr 13th 2008, 12:33 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Steve,

I saw the 'Colchester' and thought I'd say hi. I'm from Canada but I lived in Wivenhoe for about 5 years. I miss the mud.

Good luck in your journey.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold

Gee I saw Colchester and thought, oh my gosh he is on the North Shore!
Old Apr 13th 2008, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

North Shore, cor that would be nice. Thanks for the replies peeps.
I am finding myself addicting to this forum at the moment. However I think my chances of getting over with some of you guys is slimming down. I've found out that Healthcare assistants are non-existent in canadian hospitals so that rules the wife out of employment. I'm hoping that the print trade out there is short of experienced mac-operators, fingers, legs, everything crossed!!
There are two shows coming up that we are going to go to:
http://www.aplaceinthesunlive.com/
http://www.expo-canada.com/?gclid=CK...FRCoQwodZAQK_g
The more we read the more we are desperate to come, but its gonna be a long journey!!
Cheers people

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.