Reload this Page >

Hi from Calgary

Hi from Calgary

Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Celia Medley is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Hi from Calgary

Hi Everyone,

I'm married and have three children.We moved to Calgary last July from Reading in Berkishire.
We also transported two of our cats by British Airways a week after we arrived but sadly one of our cats died on the flight

We have since addopted a kitten from ARF and he has settled in very well, and I might add so have we.

I didn't know this site was here until I did a search on pensions yesterday and found it

Hearing from anyone would be great.

Thanks,
Celia.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

maddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi from Calgary

Hi and welcome
Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

The Hampsons is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by maddhobs
Hi and welcome
Hi Celia.
Sorry to hear of the passing of your cat, I hope its spirit lives on in your kitten.
I'm sure you'll find Calgary wonderful. We'll be back over in May for a more in depth recce.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 7:13 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, Celia, and welcome to the BE forum.
x
Old Feb 26th 2008, 7:17 pm
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Harrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Celia Medley
Hi Everyone,

I'm married and have three children.We moved to Calgary last July from Reading in Berkishire.
We also transported two of our cats by British Airways a week after we arrived but sadly one of our cats died on the flight

We have since addopted a kitten from ARF and he has settled in very well, and I might add so have we.

I didn't know this site was here until I did a search on pensions yesterday and found it

Thanks,
Celia.
Hi Celia

We are in Calcot and coming on a recci tomorrow as we are trying to escape too What's the secret...

Hello

Which bit of Reading have you left behind...sorry to hear about your cat.

Send me a PM if you wish to talk more - We are flying to Regina tomorrow evening - so will be out of the picture for a while...but as soon as I find an internet connection I will be back.

Dawn
Old Feb 26th 2008, 7:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone,

Thanks,
Celia.

Hello and welcome! We're not too far from where you used to be, in Bucks, and my in-laws live in Wokingham so we're over in Reading direction quite a bit.

So sorry to hear about your cat, do you know why it happened? We have two cats as well that will be coming with us, would be horrific if something like that happened to one of ours so my sympathies are with you.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 7:25 pm
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

Hi Everyone,

Thanks,
Celia.
Welcome to Calgary and BE.

Old Feb 26th 2008, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hello and welcome! We're not too far from where you used to be, in Bucks, and my in-laws live in Wokingham so we're over in Reading direction quite a bit.

So sorry to hear about your cat, do you know why it happened? We have two cats as well that will be coming with us, would be horrific if something like that happened to one of ours so my sympathies are with you.
Hi,

Not sure what happened he was only 5 yrs, they think he possibly just went to sleep where he was so scared on the flight. Some advice, if you have anything that smells of you then make sure you say to put it in the box with them when they fly.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by maddhobs
Hi and welcome
Thank you!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Hampsons
Hi Celia.
Sorry to hear of the passing of your cat, I hope its spirit lives on in your kitten.
I'm sure you'll find Calgary wonderful. We'll be back over in May for a more in depth recce.
Hi,
We all love Calgary. It did get a little chilly this year when we went down to
-46c during the day. I can say at the moment we have 6c and of course being in Calgary we have the sun.

I hope you enjoy your visit when you come over. Are you planning to live over here?
Old Feb 26th 2008, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
Hello, Celia, and welcome to the BE forum.
x
Hi Judy,

How do you find Calgary and how long have you lived here?
We are settling in very well and we really are so glad we made the move from the U.K.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Harrypottermouse
Hi Celia

We are in Calcot and coming on a recci tomorrow as we are trying to escape too What's the secret...

Hello

Which bit of Reading have you left behind...sorry to hear about your cat.

Send me a PM if you wish to talk more - We are flying to Regina tomorrow evening - so will be out of the picture for a while...but as soon as I find an internet connection I will be back.

Dawn
Hi Dawn,

We lived in Tilehurst just off Chapel Hill. We had lived there for over 12 years and noticed that the whole of Reading and the U.K. really was changing and I'm sorry to say not for the better.
I hope you enjoy your visit to Regina and find what you're looking for.
It would be great to keep in contact with you, and I have put my email address on here. If I can be of any help then please let me know.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Dawn,

We lived in Tilehurst just off Chapel Hill. We had lived there for over 12 years and noticed that the whole of Reading and the U.K. really was changing and I'm sorry to say not for the better.
I hope you enjoy your visit to Regina and find what you're looking for.
It would be great to keep in contact with you, and I have put my email address on here. If I can be of any help then please let me know.
We were lucky Dawn that my husband was working here for a few months before we all came over.
The move was stressful but I have to admit, now we are here I'm so glad we made the move.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Steve&Tanya
Welcome to Calgary and BE.

Hi Steve and Tanya,

How long have you been in Calgary? We are living in the S.W. where abouts are you?
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:12 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

How do you find Calgary
Look at the comment under my user name in the top left hand corner of this post.

Actually, Calgary is a good place but, after three decades, I'm missing lush vegetation, and want to move to the British Columbia coast. But I think it'll be a couple of years before I can pull that off.

and how long have you lived here?
For all but 4 of the last 31 years.

We are settling in very well and we really are so glad we made the move from the U.K.
I'm very glad for you. I found it a good place to raise a family.
x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.