Reload this Page >

Hi from Bob in Hampshire

Hi from Bob in Hampshire

Old Mar 4th 2008, 4:49 am
Just Joined

Robert_Service is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi from Bob in Hampshire

Hi!

Just a few words of intro. We've been thinking about moving to Canada for some time because my wife already has relatives there.

I haven't used a forum before, so this is a first for me!

Cheers,

bob.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 5:27 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi from Bob in Hampshire

Hi Bob

I am also fairly new to this, its a brilliant site with loads of good info.

We are looking at a move to Nova Scotia.

Check out the Wiki as almost everything you want to know is covered in there, you can also post loads of questions on the forum and there are loads of people out there with great info and advice.

Good Luck with you move

p.s whereabouts in Hampshire are you? we are in Bransgore
Old Mar 4th 2008, 6:07 am
Just Joined

icklesarah will become famous soon enoughicklesarah will become famous soon enough

Hi and welcome,

I'm pretty new as well... this forum, the website and the wiki have loads of useful information.

I'm an ex-Hampshire gal - lived there for a few years until we moved to Derbyshire last summer.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Robert_Service
Hi!

Just a few words of intro. We've been thinking about moving to Canada for some time because my wife already has relatives there.

Cheers,

bob.
Hi Bob
Welcome to the forum ,as Niki suggested the wiki is brilliant for all those questions you need answers to .
Old Mar 4th 2008, 6:24 am
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

You made a good choice Bob, this is a really good site. We moved from Hampshire to Calgary. We used to live south of Winchester. Good luck
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:17 am
Just Joined

Robert_Service is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, thanks for the welcome! I didn't expect that at all!

We live near Liss and my wife's relatives used to live ni Calgary but are now in Victoria, B.C.

There's som much info on the wiki it's going to keep me busy for ages!
Old Mar 4th 2008, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

maddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome, lots of information and advice on here. We live in the Cowichan Valley, about 40 minutes North of Victoria, and love living here. Good luck and best wishes!
Old Mar 4th 2008, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud of

Hi!

Cheers,

bob.
Hi Bob..

go for it..I am from Pompey (obviously) now living in Alberta and loving it..

Cheers
Old Mar 4th 2008, 1:31 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome to BE good luck on your journey toward the light
Old Mar 5th 2008, 3:59 am
Just Joined

oldnotwise is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Bob

I'm also new to BE and live just up the road from you in Bordon.
Weve sold and exchanged and have booked our flights to Calgary on the 12th April with our two springer spainiels.
I'm from Manchester and ended up down here with the military and my wife Gemma grew up just outside of Reading and we really like the area round here.
That said we are now very happy to leave the UK as Canada and its people are fantastic. I've spent time in the military in canada including a 6 month trip, which is when I really got to travel around Alberta and eastern BC. Since then we snowboard in Canada at least once a year and even got married there 4 years ago.
Were going to Calgary with my wifes new job at Foothills and we can't wait to go as its something that weve been planning for years. Good luck with your search and if there is anything that I can help you with just let me know.

All the best, Mike.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 8:53 am
Just Joined

chater is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Bob,

Welcome! I am quite new to this too but lots of great info from wiki and lots of other very helpful people.
Good luck with your progress. We (and 1 dog) are looking at moving over to Calgary in September (all being well), just need the house to sell !
Hope all goes well.

Claire

Last edited by chater; Mar 5th 2008 at 9:03 am. Reason: spelling mistake!
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, thanks for the welcome! I didn't expect that at all!

We live near Liss and my wife's relatives used to live ni Calgary but are now in Victoria, B.C.

There's som much info on the wiki it's going to keep me busy for ages!
Hi and welcome to BE its a great forum and you will find an answer to any of the many questions you will have in the WIKI and in the search thread at the top,
I was raised in hampshire on the solent and we are heading east all being well
wish you all the best and see you around