Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Here comes the storm!!

Here comes the storm!!

Old Nov 3rd 2007, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

wensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nice
Default Here comes the storm!!

We are in fall river and wind is just getting stronger now, how did it affect people in the valley? Hope everyone is ok.
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 9:21 pm
Since 010205

l i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nice
Default Re: Here comes the storm!!

Hi Wendy

We're with you in Fall River. Only arrived a week ago, interesting start to our life here! As you say winds just picking up nothing else to report at the moment.

Lisa
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 9:33 pm
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wensamjam
We are in fall river and wind is just getting stronger now, how did it affect people in the valley? Hope everyone is ok.
We are in Fredericton NB and the rain is just starting to get heavy (6:30pm). They are forecasting upto 4 inches (100mm) overnight. It was really cold about 3:30 this afternoon and then the temperature hiked as the rain came. I had thought they were going to be wrong and we would have snow.
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute

We are close to Moncton.

We have horses and llamas and chickens.

They are all in the barn except one llama that just won't be caught.
We all got soaked in the attempt.

So I will be having a sleepless night worrying about her.

Its raining pretty hard right now and is feeling pretty cold.

I just hope the wind doesn't get too strong so that my poor llama will be ok.

Penny
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

antrim4 has a brilliant futureantrim4 has a brilliant futureantrim4 has a brilliant futureantrim4 has a brilliant futureantrim4 has a brilliant futureantrim4 has a brilliant futureantrim4 has a brilliant future

We were supposed to be flying out of Halifax after a weeks recce to PEI, so unfortunately we'll have to spend a night in the Hilton and enjoy a few more canadian beers!
Old Nov 4th 2007, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

fionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nice

Good luck guys, hope the storm isn't too bad for you all, especially your llama.

Fiona
Old Nov 4th 2007, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to you all and hope the storm passes without incident.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

ladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to behold

Hi all - it should have been over now - hope you're all ok? Check in and let us know once you get your power back! Take care
Old Nov 4th 2007, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

charlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ladymoose
Hi all - it should have been over now - hope you're all ok? Check in and let us know once you get your power back! Take care
Not quite over yet but starting to blow itself out, things got quite hairy at times, our whole house shook for hours, taking full force off the Atlantic, thought our windows would come in at one point,and the roof was squeaking badly. Lost power, will not get it back until estimated late Tuesday night or Wednesday morning. I was at work at 6:00am this morning to power outages etc, chaos really, but fun.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 2:59 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Our power went off at around 2 or 3am and has just came back on at 11.50am. It's a bit on-off though at the moment. Feel really sorry for you Charlie 1 - no power for a few days

House nice and snug though as we have storage heaters which releases heat during the day. We also have a propane fire. No water when the power was off as we have a well, but luckily we have a watercooler so plenty of water to drink.

Tim Horton's was very busy this morning!
Old Nov 4th 2007, 2:59 pm
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wensamjam
Just about played out in Fredericton now, some winds but everyone slept badly due to the rain lashing against the windows and sound of the wind. I was worried about a couple of dead trees (still standing) in our back garden ... they are still up but I am definitely going to tackle them before the next storm comes.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

ladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to behold

Glad you're all ok - though it sounds pretty hairy alright - hope you get your power back sooner than that Charlie1 - we can't flush the loo in an outage (septic pump won't work)
Old Nov 4th 2007, 3:35 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladymoose
Glad you're all ok - though it sounds pretty hairy alright - hope you get your power back sooner than that Charlie1 - we can't flush the loo in an outage (septic pump won't work)

If it's yellow, let it mellow, if it's brown, put down the lid!!!!
Old Nov 4th 2007, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud of

Hi Guys,

Good to hear that most of you seem to have weathered it ok. (Sorry, no pun intended)

Hope the llama is ok pennyhp?

Hope it all calms down for you soon, and power back on asap.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

veengraham has a spectacular aura aboutveengraham has a spectacular aura aboutveengraham has a spectacular aura about

I just hope the wind doesn't get too strong so that my poor llama will be ok.

Penny[/QUOTE]
hi Penny
so how is you llama???

no power last night but only for less than 2 hours ,so we were very lucky!
no internet though(came back an hour ago) !made me realise how dependent /addicted i am!

vee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.