Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Henry vacuum cleaner

Henry vacuum cleaner

Old Sep 8th 2016, 1:15 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Henry vacuum cleaner

I had a look at a few more things on that website

Asus ET1612IUTS 15.6 inch All-in-One PC Celeron 1017U 1.6GHz 2GB 320GB – NeqTiq Stores Ltd

An all-in-one touch screen computer for under $10? Pull the other one.

Conversely there are some things listed for thousands and more
Old Sep 8th 2016, 2:06 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I emailed in disbelief about that all-in-one computer.

They confirmed another pricing error.
Old Sep 8th 2016, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK

So it looks like I was right to ask you all on here: the company are hardly reliable ...

Thanks
Old Sep 9th 2016, 7:54 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK

It looks like they do it the other way too!

Asus PB298Q (29 inch) Widescreen WLED/AH-IPS Monitor

Asus $35,700.88 CAD

Old Sep 9th 2016, 12:10 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Siouxie
It looks like they do it the other way too!

Asus $35,700.88 CAD

Well spotted. I'd seen several things more than that but with no picture I didn't understand from the descriptions what they were.

The site is improving though. I can see many changes since yesterday, including the removal of the one I ordered.

There's still one fujitsu laptop there that seems well worth the $220 that would be under $300 with all extras...but I'm not ready to pay that for what would only be a spare/supplemental, especially when I was tantalised by the one for $120 less.

And using Opera on that other one (internet radio thread) does seem a slight improvement. Along with increasing RAM to the max, I'm a bit more hopeful of it being capable of the intended uses.
Old Sep 11th 2016, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Just an update: we bought the Henry at the Vacuum Supermarket on Lonsdale Avenue, North Van. $399 + tax. They only had one in the window for sale (red, smiley face). I felt like I was taking a new pet home!

I asked the owner if she sold many. She said really only for industrial or commercial use. It has a long cord but unlike the one I had in the UK, the cord is a yellow colour, not black so I don't know if it is a different kind of electric cable.

Anyway, it sounds like Bristol is enjoying browsing the Neqtiq site!

S
Old Sep 11th 2016, 11:50 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Just an update: we bought the Henry at the Vacuum Supermarket on Lonsdale Avenue, North Van. $399 + tax. They only had one in the window for sale (red, smiley face). I felt like I was taking a new pet home!

Anyway, it sounds like Bristol is enjoying browsing the Neqtiq site!
I wouldn't quite go that far

It is amusing finding an all-in-one computer for less than $10 and that monitor Siouxie found for $35,000 but when you are just browsing it's poorly designed.

You can search on laptop, for example, and you get 72 pages of about 20 things per page in a completely random order. Random by name, random by price. And where are the laptops?

If you click on Catalog, expecting to search by category, what you actually get is 3705 pages. You can arrange them by price but you can only navigate page by page. You cannot, for example jump forward to page 2000 hoping to miss all those screws, hooks and fuses.

You can sort alphabetically but why is 1mm tube of solder first on an A-Z list? Presumably because 1 is the first number and numbers are before letters. But page 6 is 1001 and page 8 is 10W, so presumably it's numerical order, taking into account the letter after the number.

Just how many pages you need to go to before getting letter A or even the letter you want is anyone's guess but you have to go through until you get there. If you've not died before doing so.

There is a limited category search but it has the same problems.

Search by brand name isn't much better. Search for Fujitsu and you get 34 pages of random products with a fujitsu connection. Search on Fujitsu laptop and you get 6 items none of which is a fujitsu laptop. But now you can't put anything in price order or alpha order.

You need to know that fujitsu laptops are called lifebook. Then you might find some.

Dreadful. Teething problems are a massive understatement.

There's even a $9.78 laptop with a super duper SSD instead of the common or garden HD

Last edited by BristolUK; Sep 11th 2016 at 11:59 pm.