Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Helpwith Driving Licence

Helpwith Driving Licence

Old Mar 2nd 2012, 10:36 pm
Just Joined

manda21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Helpwith Driving Licence

Ok, sponsorship decision has been made and in the postal system somewhere. I'm in Alberta. Trying to get on Husbands car insurance. His company first stated if Registry depot validated and accepted my licence that would not be a problem. Went to Registry and they will accept licence and accept me as experienced driver. husband rang Insurance again and they stated I need an Alberta Licence. Until I get my Visa I cannot get my SIN number, and cannot exchange my UK licence. Any one any idea how I can get insured on my husbands insurance, or any Canadian insurance company that would cover me??????????????
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 12:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Little D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud of
Default Re: Helpwith Driving Licence

Originally Posted by manda21
Ok, sponsorship decision has been made and in the postal system somewhere. I'm in Alberta. Trying to get on Husbands car insurance. His company first stated if Registry depot validated and accepted my licence that would not be a problem. Went to Registry and they will accept licence and accept me as experienced driver. husband rang Insurance again and they stated I need an Alberta Licence. Until I get my Visa I cannot get my SIN number, and cannot exchange my UK licence. Any one any idea how I can get insured on my husbands insurance, or any Canadian insurance company that would cover me??????????????
Do you have a visitor's permit? When we first moved over I had a 12 month permit, no SIN and was able to exchange my UK licence for an Alberta one by showing the permit and proof of address. I also managed to get insurance on a visitor's permit.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 5:41 am
Just Joined

manda21 is an unknown quantity at this point

I can be in Canada for 6 months without a visa. I was going to apply for extended visitors permit after 5 months, by then should have the letter approving sponsorship. Thank you
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 5:58 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

75 sovs i had to cough up yesterday to renew... 75!
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 11:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Londonuck
75 sovs i had to cough up yesterday to renew... 75!
Welcome to Canada Have you been quoted for insurance yet