Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Help with TWP to PR

Help with TWP to PR

Old Dec 17th 2008, 8:50 pm
Life is great!!

LISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant future
Default Help with TWP to PR

Hi, just wondered if any of you could help with a few questions I have. We are due to go over to Nova Scotia on a Reccie in Feb and for my OH to meet with a potential employer he has spoken to on the phone several times and which all sounds positive. The employer has already mentioned applying for LMO as long as everything goes well at their meeting. We would then hopefully return to NS and gain TWP on POE after everything is sorted in the UK (house sale etc).

My question is once in Canada on a TWP, what do we have to do to get PR. What criteria do we have to pass and do we have to go along the points system to get PR. Also what documentation do we need to submit, i.e. education certificates (secondary and further), birth certificates etc. Will we also have to take medicals and police checks.

Sorry to ask so many questions but my head is being to get very cabbaged from all the different information I am reading

Lisa
Old Dec 17th 2008, 9:08 pm
Nova Scotia

Bellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with TWP to PR

Hi there,

We came over in October through the LMO/TWP process. We picked up my husband's TWP and my OWP and Halifax Airport when we landed. We had more than enough paperwork with us, birth certificates, proof of funds, LMO, letter of job offer etc etc.
We had already applied for permanant residence though the Skilled Worker route before we had the LMO approved, we still have some outstanding info to supply but the plan is to get that all wrapped up in the New Year.
We have already moved into our house, the kids are in school and my husband is working so this all helps our prospects.
See the link below for more information.

http://www.novascotiaimmigration.com...iteid=1&lang=1

Good luck and if you need any more info just let me know.

kind regards

Bella
Old Dec 17th 2008, 9:21 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LISABOB
Hi, just wondered if any of you could help with a few questions I have. We are due to go over to Nova Scotia on a Reccie in Feb and for my OH to meet with a potential employer he has spoken to on the phone several times and which all sounds positive. The employer has already mentioned applying for LMO as long as everything goes well at their meeting. We would then hopefully return to NS and gain TWP on POE after everything is sorted in the UK (house sale etc).

My question is once in Canada on a TWP, what do we have to do to get PR. What criteria do we have to pass and do we have to go along the points system to get PR. Also what documentation do we need to submit, i.e. education certificates (secondary and further), birth certificates etc. Will we also have to take medicals and police checks.

Sorry to ask so many questions but my head is being to get very cabbaged from all the different information I am reading

Lisa
Hi

To add to the info Bellanova has given, you will need to provide police checks and complete medicals once you submit a PR application from NS.

Once you are in NS, you will have 2 possible options for gaining PR. With the job you are over there on, you can apply for expedited PR under the federal skilled worker route(providing you obtain confirmation from them that they are willing to offer you a permanent role once you have gained PR) or you can look to apply under the SW route of the NS PNP. More info re this is available on the link Bella gave you.

Good luck

Last edited by nikki dreaming; Dec 17th 2008 at 9:49 pm. Reason: didn't sound right?!
Old Dec 17th 2008, 9:25 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Here is a link to a useful wiki article which covers difference between WP and PNP process. It also gives other links to Nominee Programmes and expedited PR process.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/TWP_:_Standalone_vs_PNP
Old Dec 18th 2008, 7:52 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

This Wiki article may also be useful. Good luck.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Fast_T...ication-Canada
Old Dec 19th 2008, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

san38 has a spectacular aura aboutsan38 has a spectacular aura aboutsan38 has a spectacular aura about

Im also awaiting confirmation for pr, i had applied for both before i left uk, since ive left i have not heard anything from the uk and cannot get a response.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 8:30 am
Life is great!!

LISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant future

Hi thanks for all the great responses, great advice and help as usual. Just on count down now for reccie in Feb and need to see what happens from that (fingers crossed). House now on market so feeling a bit sad at the mo but will keep you informed of our progress.

Have a great Christmas everyone

Lisa