Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

HELP police check forms

HELP police check forms

Old Jun 15th 2006, 5:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP police check forms

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
LOL
Hope the wine hasn't turned to vinegar yet?
My stuff gets better with age - problem is, I stopped brewing shortly before we met on the basis that "it won't be long now " We are now down to our last 10 bottles - now drinking very slowly

Shouldn't you be watching the match or is laptop perched on knee
Old Jun 15th 2006, 5:34 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dying to leave England
My stuff gets better with age - problem is, I stopped brewing shortly before we met on the basis that "it won't be long now " We are now down to our last 10 bottles - now drinking very slowly

Shouldn't you be watching the match or is laptop perched on knee
Yes laptop atop knee, taking it all in ready to report to James and Ulrika in a couple of hours.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 6:24 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Actually I'm not bad at hanging drapes.

Off t' th'airport soon t' collect more reprobates (James and Ulrika) who will be joining us in the NW.

Just thought, The repro's need to go up your way (Crowfoot Plates\Drs etc) tomorrow, fancy nipping down to Timmies for a Joe?
Sure, could do that .... what sorta time? or give us a call eh?
Old Jun 15th 2006, 6:25 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Sure, could do that .... what sorta time? or give us a call eh?
Well bell you when we leave Banff Trail.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 10:31 am
madwife

finch4canada is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: HELP police check forms

Originally Posted by Dying to leave England
Hopefully not

I think we're not too far from med requests now (been saying that since September last year ) but our main concern now is that we will hit the "run out of visas for this year" stage and not get PPR until next year (meaning we will land a year after you guys did !!) hence the reason to buy something asap

Chin is still up - life here is still good - just not as good as it will be over there
hi i am just about to send in application forms for getting out to BC, how long have you had to wait for all the processing, i keep hearing that it takes 48 months which is way off what we were hoping, any advice you can give to help along the way would be appreciated, many thanks, eager to go kate n co
Old Jun 15th 2006, 11:13 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by finch4canada
hi i am just about to send in application forms for getting out to BC, how long have you had to wait for all the processing, i keep hearing that it takes 48 months which is way off what we were hoping, any advice you can give to help along the way would be appreciated, many thanks, eager to go kate n co
I realise you do not want to hear this, but check out this link if you don't believe us!

http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/general/e_protim.htm

This is the web-site for the Canadian High Commission in London.

Also this link to a thread from this forum a few days back.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=378067

Not trying to rain on your parade, just to inform you of the realities!

Last edited by Alberta_Rose; Jun 15th 2006 at 11:17 am.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 7:22 pm
madwife

finch4canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Morwenna
I realise you do not want to hear this, but check out this link if you don't believe us!

http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/general/e_protim.htm

This is the web-site for the Canadian High Commission in London.

Also this link to a thread from this forum a few days back.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=378067

Not trying to rain on your parade, just to inform you of the realities!
ok, ok i believe you, just dissappointed cos that ruins our plans and not sure what to do now although will obviously persue the application, just might have to try and get a job first as a nurse. thanks, kate.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 2:28 am
little snowy owl

Originally Posted by finch4canada
ok, ok i believe you, just dissappointed cos that ruins our plans and not sure what to do now although will obviously persue the application, just might have to try and get a job first as a nurse. thanks, kate.
I am no way gloating. I think it is completely awful, the current wait times!!! The ONLY faster way in is to get work one way or another I think, otherwise you truly do have to settle for the long haul and plan accordingly. Better you realise now though. That's why I say it'd be good for your lad to plan to at least complete A levels in the UK.

What he could do over the next year or two is start investigating exactly which subjects the Canadian uni's would want though. My lad had A levels good enough to study electrical engineering at a UK uni, but Calgary wanted him to do more, so he has spent our first year here doing "high school top-ups" and he has just turned 20! We are hoping to hear very soon that he is in this year. One thing is that they might require I think 12 years of taught English, and he'd quit after his GCSE's so he did a year of English while in his 2nd year of A levels.

When we applied (Dec 03), we were 19 months from application to visas. We too had planned for it to take 18 months to 2 years. But in September 03 they dropped the points needed to qualify from 75 to 67, which sorta opened all sorts of floodgates ..... people who had previously failed to get in, and a vast number of new applicants who now found they could! We squeezed in just before "the bulge".

Ohh-Ohh!, if you are a nurse you should be able to get over here pretty damn quick on a work permit or under the provincial nominee programme, as nurses are one of the professions in great demand!!

Check this out:

http://www.ecdev.gov.bc.ca/ProgramsAndServices/PNP/

Good luck!