Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

HELP ON MOVING TO TORONTO

HELP ON MOVING TO TORONTO

Old Jan 1st 2011, 10:18 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP ON MOVING TO TORONTO

Originally Posted by dbd33
That we need, please to be bringing ocean too.
I know this sounds unlikely, but I found what turned out to be rather nice turbot at a local Loblaws just before Christmas. Worth a try?
Old Jan 1st 2011, 10:24 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I know this sounds unlikely, but I found what turned out to be rather nice turbot at a local Loblaws just before Christmas. Worth a try?
Did try that. "Thursdays" the man said, "fresh fish on Thursdays, on the other days not so much". Then we discovered the fish warehouse and the problem went away.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 10:38 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Did try that. "Thursdays" the man said, "fresh fish on Thursdays, on the other days not so much". Then we discovered the fish warehouse and the problem went away.
Interesting. It was in fact a Thursday. Bloody Catholics.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

Flyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really nice

Originally Posted by kateinnes
Can somebody please give me some advice,

My Family and i are relocating to Toronto from the uk in october. We wish to buy some land, or house with land outside of the area but have no idea where would be the cheapest place to do this as we dont wish to live in the city. We do not mind travelling up to 2 hours each way to and from work to make our dreams come true. Any advice would be really appreciated, We have decided to rent for a while so if You have any idea of areas for cheap renting would be a great help to us.

I hope i have posted this right as it is the first time i have ever used a forum, but im at my wits end at where to begin so any advice would be wonderful!!!

many thanks

kate
Back to the OP's question...

I have a friend who lives in a beautiful house with lots of land in BARRIE, livilng the small community life where people don't lock their doors ets...

She commutes two hours to Toronto for work.

She told me her five bedroom house cost $145k when she bought it a few years ago
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

big ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nice

Why do Novocastrian and dBd 33 always turn a genuine enquiry from a newbie or whoever in to a slanging match as to who has the most wit

Last edited by big ron; Jan 2nd 2011 at 6:16 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 6:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by big ron
Why do Novocastrian and dBd 33 always turn a genuine enquiry from a newbie or whoever in to a slanging match as to who has the most wit
Both Novo and DBD are often very helpful (and have been on this thread), and a bit of thread drift is only to be expected on a public forum I'm afraid.

I'm not sure how you think that posting something like that is contributing in any way, but singling members out to attack them is not helpful imo. If you have an issue, use the report button please - that is what it's there for after all.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

Flyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really nice

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Both Novo and DBD are often very helpful (and have been on this thread), and a bit of thread drift is only to be expected on a public forum I'm afraid.

I'm not sure how you think that posting something like that is contributing in any way, but singling members out to attack them is not helpful imo. If you have an issue, use the report button please - that is what it's there for after all.
What and where is the report button?
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 6:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flyingscottie
What and where is the report button?
It's the exclamation mark at the left of each post. If you click it you can inform us of any problem posts. We find it very useful as obviously there's only so many threads we can read, so forum members are often our 'eyes and ears' so to speak.

If you look in the FAQ and the thread above for Newcomers to the Forum, it'll give you info about forum features such as this.

Edit: here you go, from the FAQ...........http://britishexpats.com/forum/faq.p...aq_report_post

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 2nd 2011 at 6:35 pm.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

It's the exclamation mark at the left of each post. If you click it you can inform us of any problem posts. We find it very useful as obviously there's only so many threads we can read, so forum members are often our 'eyes and ears' so to speak.

If you look in the FAQ and the thread above for Newcomers to the Forum, it'll give you info about forum features such as this.

Edit: here you go, from the FAQ...........http://britishexpats.com/forum/faq.p...aq_report_post
Aaaaahhhh thanks
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

big ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nice

I apologise if I offended anyone it was not my intension, It just appeared to me that a thread starts good and then drifts off. I appreciate the good that Novo and dBd 33 do in the forum and it is very much welcome.I was only stating what I think and I must be entitled to that.
All the best Ron.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 7:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I apologise if I offended anyone it was not my intension, It just appeared to me that a thread starts good and then drifts off. I appreciate the good that Novo and dBd 33 do in the forum and it is very much welcome.I was only stating what I think and I must be entitled to that.
All the best Ron.
Do you really not see the irony in posting to complain about two people taking the thread off track, when your post has then done exactly the same thing?!?

You are more than welcome to express your opinion, but if you wish to make a genuine complaint about your fellow forum members please do so using the report button rather than attacking them on somebody else's thread. Remember that all threads drift, it's perfectly normal.

Now let's get this thread back on track shall we? Please take any further comments to PM.

Thanks.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 7:48 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Really do have the patience and friendliness of a saint.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Essay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Flyingscottie
Back to the OP's question...

I have a friend who lives in a beautiful house with lots of land in BARRIE, livilng the small community life where people don't lock their doors ets...

She commutes two hours to Toronto for work.

She told me her five bedroom house cost $145k when she bought it a few years ago
There are indeed some beautiful properties in Barrie (although I would not advise leaving one's doors unlocked, anywhere, but that's just me!). What I would caution is, the commute time depends in part on where one is measuring it from and to; sometimes the commute is measured "door to door" (from the door of my home to the door of my office building) and sometimes it is measured "transit time only" (e.g. the time the train leaves the station closest to my home, to the time the train arrives at the station closest to my office). So, for the original poster, commuting will depend in part on where his/her work is located.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 8:24 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Essay
There are indeed some beautiful properties in Barrie (although I would not advise leaving one's doors unlocked, anywhere, but that's just me!). What I would caution is, the commute time depends in part on where one is measuring it from and to; sometimes the commute is measured "door to door" (from the door of my home to the door of my office building) and sometimes it is measured "transit time only" (e.g. the time the train leaves the station closest to my home, to the time the train arrives at the station closest to my office). So, for the original poster, commuting will depend in part on where his/her work is located.
OK, I'm not renowned for my love of Barrie, but the idea of living far enough out of Barrie to have a few affordable acres and commuting to Toronto seems horrific to me. I worked with a woman who did that, drove to the end of the subway and went into town from there, she was always knackered and, for the amount of time she spent at home, she may as well have lived in Toronto and rented a weekend cottage.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 8:56 pm
Born again atheist

I have never once engaged in a slanging match with dbd33. I know better.

But in general, when a new member starts a thread with an extremely general query (or, as in this case, rather improbable "dreams") and then disappears, the temptation to chat a bit with whoever is reading it too is great.

Stick around and you'll soon learn to see the signal embedded in the noise.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.